Chapter Nine

The balcony was vacant, barely lit by the moon. Vader held the door open as Padme passed him while walking towards the railing. He shut the door, making sure it was somewhat locked so no one could interrupt them.

"It's a beautiful evening," Padme thought out loud, gazing at the night sky above them. Stars of blue and white were sprinkled across the sky. The Moon was a vivid baby blue as it shined in the sky. With no clouds in the sky, the night time looked all the more beautiful.

"Yes it is," Vader said from beside her. "I'm glad I get to spend part of it with a beautiful woman."

Padme turned to face him, shocked to see that he had taken his hood down. Though it was dark, she could still see the sandy blonde waves that she used to run her fingers through. She could see the blue of his eyes, twinkling in the moonlight.

"You haven't changed a bit," She smiled at him. He turned to face her, looking down at her petite little figure.

"You changed a little," He crossed his arms, smirking. "Last time I saw you, you tummy was the size of a beach ball and you were dead. What exactly happened?"

Padme turned her back to him, "Can't we talk about that some other time? Can't we just enjoy this moment while it lasts?" She could feel the tears welling up already.

"Padme, I just wanna know what really happened," He placed his hands on her shoulders, slightly turning her to face him.

"If we can just enjoy the rest of the evening together, I will tell you everything you wanna know in the morning. Please," She sniffles, a few tears straying from her eyes. "I don't wanna ruin the evening by telling you now."

Anakin pulled her into his arms, shushing her as she softly cried against his chest. "Alright, we can talk about what happened tomorrow morning. I do have to know two things tonight however," He kissed the top of her head.

Padme kept her hands on his chest, "What are they?"

Anakin cupped her chin, making eye contact with her. "Are you okay, did someone hurt you?"

Padme slowly nodded, fearing he may lash out now that he know she was hurt. Much to her surprise, he merely held her tight against him. She felt safe in his arms, relishing in the sense of peace and safety they always brought to her.

Anakin breathed in her sweet essence, "Whoever hurt you will be dealt with in due time. You're safe now, I won't let anyone touch you, that is if you will let me..."

Padme looked straight up at him, "What do you mean, Ani?"

Hearing her call him Ani again brought a huge grin to his face. "I can't force you to but will you stay with me? Be with me again?"

Padme ran both of her slender hands up his chest to his neck. With her left hand, she played with the curls at his nape; with her right, she cupped his chin.

"We're married, aren't we Anakin?" Padme smiled as she gently pulled his jaw down at leave with hers. Softly, she kissed him for the first time in almost a year.

His hands went to her waist slowly working up her sides to her neck. Her held her face to his, melting into the kiss.

In that moment, everything was perfect.

In that moment, everything was as right as rain.

In that moment, their love proved to be unconditional and most importantly...

Their love was Infinite.

* * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * *

The End, for now...

Hope you enjoyed!

Love, Padme ❤