Chapter Three

Fionn had spent the majority of the day reading through Dante's email, making little notes, and adding questions to a new document. He hadn't been sure whether to call Dante or email him back, in the end, he chose the latter, he didn't have time to have a three-hour long conversation with Dante that day. He had to hunt with his pack.

By the next morning, though, a reply from the vampire was awaiting him. It had been sent at 3:47 am, did Dante not sleep? Fionn made a mug of coffee before sitting down at his desk and clicking on the email. It didn't look all too long.

Dear Fionn,

I had been expecting a call from you earlier today but I assume you would prefer my answers written down either so you don't forget or so you may refer back to them at a later notice. I had, however, not expected such a myriad of questions, I thought what I had put into the document would have been enough for you. Nevertheless, I will answer each to the best of my ability. Enjoy.

More detail on finding the hunter camp - location, how many hunters, how many prisoners, etc.

The camp was around 30 miles north of my estate, I found it by tracking the scent of one of my progenies. There were 11 hunters there in total and only my 3 vampires and Eloise.

What caused Eloise's injuries? Specific detail for each one.

Broken arm: Spiral fracture, therefore, I assumed when the hunters took her they twisted her arm behind her back at some point.

Head injury (and probably a concussion): I imagine she was hit with something, knocked out when the hunters took her.

Multiple lacerations to body, electrocution marks, contusions, etc: Fucking torture.

These are all theory, I wasn't there and when I healed her I didn't ask the poor child. My progenies had been kept apart from her but received almost identical injuries, they had been tortured, no doubt Elois was too.

She was injured when you found her, how did you restrain yourself from draining her?

I am very old, Fionn, I have more self-control than you give me credit for.

How did you manage to bring back 3 injured vampires and an injured wolf cub to your estate by yourself?

I called my son once the hunters were dead, he brought more of my coven members to collect the injured progenies, I took Eloise before they got there.

How did you kill all the hunters in the camp by yourself?

Again, I am very old, Fionn, I have learnt many fighting techniques over my years.

Eloise said she met no other vampires in your estate, where were the injured ones from the hunter camp? Did you not treat them?

They were taken back to their homes and treated by others in my coven. I chose to stay with Eloise.

Treatment of 'Dante' is not specific, how did you treat her? What medicines were used?

Just take my word for it, 'Dante' is enough and is apt.

How did you calm Eloise when she awoke? Surely she would have been in distress from being kidnapped, waking up in with a vampire looking over her would have only added to this.

Kastor was the first to see her when she awoke, he didn't leave her side after I had treated her. He calmed her, I didn't bother to ask how, she trusted him and therefore learnt quickly to trust me also.