Chapter Five

"He really said that?" Fionn nodded, not surprised by the stunned expression on Ocie's face, "my God, that's... that's psychotic, Fi. No one says that to their kid, it's just wrong."

"They're different to us, Ocie, and he's from a different era. It's probably normal for them both," Fionn said with a shrug. He wasn't condoning how Dante had acted toward Kastor, but, then again, he really had no right to input his opinion.

"Poor kid, having Dante as a dad."

"Oh yeah, living in the Isamar estate, with probably millions at his fingertips, allowed to do basically whatever he wants. He must be traumatised," Fionn's tone dripped with sarcasm but his smile ensured it came with humour latched on.

"You know what I mean," Ocie hit Fionn's shoulder playfully, a smile on her own lips mirroring the alpha's.

"Yeah, I do. He's gay, y'know? Dante, I mean," Ocie cocked an eyebrow.

"How the hell did you find that out?"

"He told me," Ocie didn't respond, clearly awaiting more details, "he had just gotten out of a meeting when I got there. I was talking to a manager, none-the-wiser to the fact he owned the place and he walked out. The guy he was with left and he took me to find the painting. I asked him who the guy was, he said he wanted to be a client, or rather more than a client, and that his work wasn't at the standard Dante takes so the guy sucked him off to earn some brownie points. Gotta give credit where credit's due."

"No wonder you like him so much, you want to fuck him, and now you know you can," Ocie grinned when Fionn shook his head with a pitiful chuckle.

"He's still a drainer, gay or not, it wouldn't work out. I mean, I won't deny that I find him attractive, but with what we both are, it would only end in bloodshed," Ocie's grin didn't falter and Fionn realised she wasn't going to give up on the topic just yet.

"You think he's got a big cock?" Ocie pondered, running her tongue over her bottom lip, "I bet it's huge. A guy like him, surely he has to have a big cock," Ocie was searching for a reaction from Fionn but he provided nothing, "and, I mean he's old as hell, I bet he can fuck. Can't you imagine him on his knees in front of you, those fangs grazing all over your co-"

"Alright," Fionn interjected, instantly making Ocie laugh, "you've made your point. He's probably some sex God that's hung like a horse but he's still a drainer. It wouldn't work."

"Just because you think it won't work doesn't mean you don't want it to. And why wouldn't it work anyway? Could be revolutionary, maybe you'll stop the conflict between our kinds," Fionn scoffed, rolling his eyes.

"I highly doubt it. We'd probably have an argument and rip each other's heads off, literally not figuratively," Fionn and Ocie's conversation died down as the two passed a few of his pack members, he did not need rumours of him being in love with Dante or something circulating.

"Mom?" Fionn called out as he entered his house and continued into the kitchen. He placed the bag with the two paintings on the dining table and pulled out the one for Eloise.

"Kastor painted this for El," he informed Ocie, "give it to her for me?"

"That drainer better not be in love with my little sister or anything," Ocie took the wrapped painting with a frown.

"He has a girlfriend, Venice, I think her name was. Well, I assume that's his girlfriend, that's who he was feeding off at the gallery," Fionn smiled at his mom as she walked into the room, "did you know Dante owned the gallery?"

"Oh yes, of course, I did, sweetheart," Marva was beaming as she unwrapped the painting.

"And you just neglected to inform me why? Out of principle?"