Chapter Twenty-Seven

The sky was just beginning to darken as they all arrived at the Isamar mansion. Fionn and Dante had been silent the entire duration of the car ride, strangely so had everyone else. Ocie was acting particularly strange, as was Kastor. Fionn took the opportunity to dip into her thoughts whilst she was off guard, shocked at his findings.

"Ocie! He has a girlfriend!" Fionn blurted out without thinking, earning a rightful punch on the shoulder.

"Stay the fuck out of my head, Fionn," Ocie snapped, her glare only growing as Dante began to chuckle.

"Not for long," Dante muttered, his gaze on his frowning son who left the car rather quickly.

"You knew?" somehow it didn't surprise Fionn, Dante was the kind of man that knew you were going to do something before you even knew it yourself.

"I didn't need heightened hearing to know, the walls were already thin. Hence why Fi and I waited until you were all far away," Fionn groaned as Ocie's mouth curved into a wry smirk.

"You two fucked?" she asked, eyebrows raised.

"And then some," Fionn clamped his hands over Dante's mouth before he could go into any more unnecessary details. Ignoring Ocie's questions bombarding his mind, Fionn got out of the car with Dante, seeing his entire coven stood with smiles on their faces.

"Welcome home, Sir," Nya was practically glowing with happiness, cradled in the arms of her husband.

"Thank you, Nya," Dante wrapped an arm around Fionn's waist, tugging the wolf closer to him, noting his apprehension, "thank you all for working with the Harlow pack, both Fionn and I are exceedingly grateful to be home," Dante spoke in a louder voice, though Fionn assumed his coven would have heard him clearly even if he had whispered.

"Are you going to tell them? They're staring," Fionn still found it very unnerving to be in the presence of so many vampires.

"Showing is better, don't be afraid," Dante pressed a gentle kiss to Fionn's neck before sinking his fangs into the tender flesh. The wolf let out a soft groan, linking his fingers into Dante's and draping his other arm around the vampire's neck.

Compared to how much he usually took, Dante only drank drops from Fionn. The smiles from the coven seemed to have only increased, with not a single alarmed face in the crowd.

"What was that?"

"I was marking you, claiming you as mine, as my mate. It's a vampire thing," without a word, Dante led Fionn into the house, the vampires dispersing back to whatever they usually did.

"I'm going to see Venice," Kastor grumbled, staring down at his hands with a glum expression.

"Would you like me to pick you up in the morning or will you be back here tonight?" Kastor shrugged with a sigh.

"I don't know. Maybe we shouldn't go, I'm going to have to get through my addiction to her."

"Kas, we're not missing it, your addiction isn't that strong. Bite her first then tell her, she'll be craving anyway," Kastor nodded, turning to leave.

"Kastor?" Fionn wrapped his arms very gently around the vampire when he spun to face him, "if it doesn't work out you'll find someone else. You made the mistake, you'll learn from it and you won't repeat it," Fionn was a little shocked when Kastor reciprocated his hug, holding tight onto the wolf.

"I'm glad you're with my father, you're good for him," Kastor whispered, leaving shortly after.

"You're a natural," Dante replaced Kastor and Fionn much preferred to be held by that vampire.