Chapter Sixteen

"You're a very lucky girl, he only grazed you, I don't believe you should be addicted," Isidro said as he examined the wound on Ocie's neck. Reign and Shade were sat either side of Ocie, glowering at Isidro.

"Thank you, Mr Montessori," Ocie smiled as the vampire stepped back.

"Please, call me Isidro. Mr Montessori is so very formal," Isidro turned his attention to Kastor, "did you consume any of her blood, Cicero?"

"I don't know, grandfather," Kastor murmured pitifully, feeling like a scorned toddler all over again.

"Well you deserve the withdrawal symptoms, Cicero, you could have caused war. How do you think Amaris would have felt then?" Kastor kept his gaze on the floor, afraid to look his grandfather in the eye.

"Excuse me, Isidro, why do you keep calling Kastor Cicero? And who is Amaris?" Ocie queried softly, obviously still shaken from Kastor's attack.

"Cicero is the name I was given by my father when I turned," Kastor spoke instead of Isidro, despite his break down he was a better medium for the vampires and wolves to communicate through, "Amaris is the name my grandfather gave my father when he turned."

"I understand my son created peace between his coven and your pack but I didn't realise it was so strong that you would care about his disappearance," Kastor knew his grandfather wasn't one to dance around important points, he was as blunt as Dante.

"Their alpha is missing too, grandfather," Kastor explained.

"Fionn was here last, Kastor thought we might have been able to track them from their blood," Isidro's brows drew together in a frown, Kastor knew exactly what he was pondering.

"Father was addicted to a vampire's bite, Fionn was helping him through it. Nya and Sev were the last to see them five days ago," Kastor added quickly, hoping to coax Isidro away from what he was thinking about.

"Which vampire?" there was a definite anger swirling behind Isidro's red eyes, Kastor knew how protective his grandfather was over his youngest.

"Cristobal, I don't know the last name," Kastor admitted, wishing he had controlled himself enough to at least ask his father that before he had stormed out.

"How did you even know Dante was missing?" Ocie chimed in, clearly still in awe of Isidro, "did Kastor call you?"

"I can sense my children at all times. I haven't been able to sense Amaris for almost a week, I knew something was wrong so I came down here to check on him."

"Children? I always imagined Dante as an only child," as if upon cue the front door opened and two more vampires strode into the house. Kastor's eyes widened and he grinned up at his grandfather.

"You brought them too?"

"Of course, Cicero, I thought it best," Isidro actually formed a smile as Kastor wrapped his arms around his neck.

"Where's my little nephew?" a light-hearted female voice called out as the two entered the room, "surely you can't be Cicero, you're much too big to be my baby nephew," Kastor flung his arms around the ebony haired woman.

"Yareli," he murmured into her shoulder, remembering how often she used to have him sit on them when he was a child.

"Clearly I'm invisible," the man grumbled humorously and Kastor took his turn hugging him.

"Not quite, I'm just his favourite, Niki," Yareli teased with a dazzling smile Kastor had missed dearly.

"Nikhil," Kastor was as tall as the vampire and remembered he had only come up to his knee when they had last visited.