Chapter Three - A phone call

Another update. This time it's a short chapter because I have had a hectic week. I hope to write another chapter this weekend. If you see or spotted any spelling or grammar error, I would appreciate you telling me in the reviews. It would mean a lot to me. Thanks again to all the support and kind reviews you guys send me. I appreciate it a lot.

My mom never talked about my dad when I was young. I often asked about him then but she never fully answered. She told me a few things about him such as he loves to read and played basketball in high school. He has a younger brother, and he did not have the best relationship with his dad.

Mom also told the story of how she met. He got on the basketball team when mum was a cheerleader. She had a crush on him and decided to be her wilder younger self and hide in his car. When he got in his car, she revealed herself. I think, she didn't tell me all of the details but it better than nothing. When I asked, "Mom why don't i have a dad?". She always replied, " Everybody had a dad or father, but sometimes thing happens in life that resorts in the father not living with his child.'".

After I while i didn't ask anymore, but since moving to Tree Hill the question of who my dad is started to come up again.

I heard someone yelling "Mel! Watch out!", But it was too late. I was so lost in my thoughts, that i didn't saw the basketball coming towards me. I reacted too late, and it hit me right in my face. Jamie and Nathan burst into laughter while mom had a concerned reaction on her face. After i recovered my senses, I started laughing as well. We were laughing for a good five minutes before we begin playing basketball again. I still don't believe I was playing basketball with Nathan Scott, an NBA Player. I really should tell this to Jasper; he would freak out.

After we played for another 45 minutes, we decided to stop and rest for a while. Nathan, Jamie and I all went to the bench to sit beside mom.

Nathan and mom were talking, and I was explaining soccer to Jamie, when

Nathan said "We have this bbq next Wednesday with a few friends and I would love it if you and Mel would come. So do you want to come?"

Mom didn't know how to respond. Jamie was too exciting for me to come when I said " please Mel, come it will be fun. You can teach me how to play soccer? please, Mel." He then looked at mom and said: " please ms Brooke can you and Mel come to the BQQ?"

I looked at mom for an answer. " Yeah Mel can come, i don't know if I can come, but we will see." mom said.

For some reason, this wasn't what Jamie wanted, and he did a puppy dog face while he asked: "Please miss Brooke, can you come to?"

Mom gave in and replied "alright Jimmy Jay. I will come to."

A few seconds later, a phone went off.

" Wish we could turn back time, to the good old days

When our momma sang us to sleep, but now we're stressed out."

I immediately recognized the song. Nathan picked up his phone and answered "Nathan."

"Yeah Hales" he answered again. "I forgot about it, sorry Honey. We will be their shortly" He said when hanging up the phone.

He looked at the time and back at us. " Alright, that was Haley. I forgot about the time. We exactly had to be at the cafe right now, but if you want you can come with us? See Haley again and get a cup of Coffee or some soda" Nathan said.

Before mom even could react, I said: " Yess, I am so thirsty!"

I looked at mom while saying " if that's okay with you, mom?"

Yeah, that's okay. I haven't talked to Haley in 10 years, so maybe it's a good idea to go to the cafe." She nervously said.

We started walking towards the cars and drove behind Nathans car to the cafe.