Chapter four - Meeting Haley

Another update this weekend. I had a lot of inspiration, so I decided to write and correct another chapter. I hope you will like it.

When driving to the cafe, notice mom was nervous. She usually sings along with the music but this time was different. It was entirely on the way to the cafe. We saw Nathan park the car and lucky us there was a parking spot free right next to Nathans car.

I looked at mom and said "It is just some coffee and soda right? Nothing to worried about and Haley seems like a nice person.'

Mom looked at me and said "yeah just some drinks and how do you know Haley is a nice person? you haven't even met her yet Mel?."

J"Jamie and I talked while playing basketball on the river court and he may or may not have mentioned his mom a lot." I replied.

Mom laughed. "Of course he has. When I was in high school, Haley and I weren't always friends you know? But a few months before I moved to The Netherlands we became close. I missed her, Nathan and Peyton a lot the first few months' Mom said.

I looked mom in the eyes and said " it must have been hard on you, moving away from home and leaving your friends behind. I understand it more now."

"Yeah, it was hard at first, but after a while, some amazing and beautiful things came along, and I will never forget that. " Mom said.

Mom and I looked out of the window and saw Nathan and Jamie waiting on us.

"let's go, I think Nathan and Jamie are waiting for us to leave the car finally. "mom said.

The first thing I noticed when stepping into the cafe was the interior.

There was a dark blue bar with six or seven chairs and

this piece of cement with a quote written on it. It says" Somebody told me that this is the place where everything is better, and everything is safe."

I was taking in the interior while Nathan said " Honey, we are here. I know we are late, but I brought some friends."

A woman with short curly brown hair turned was standing behind the bar. I assumed it was Haley. "Nathan Scott, this isn't the first time you forgot the time while playing basketball. I know you, we have been married for 8 years now so I decided to brew you another pot of coffee," Haley replied while turning around.

She looked surprised at mom. There was an akward 5 second silence, when mom finnaly said "Hi Haley, it has been a while."

"Brooke, Brooke Davis. Wow, girl, it is good to see you. Where have you been?" Haley asked while hugging mom.

"I will tell you all about it over coffee, but first, I want you to meet someone." Mom said while looking at me.

I walked towards Haley. She looked surprised. I think she didn't even notice me at first. She was so busy cleaning behind the bar when we arrived at the cafe. I wanted to introduce myself, but Jamie was too impatient pulled at his mom's hand said " mommy, did I told you Mel and I played basketball against Daddy and won? It was amazing! Can Mel, daddy and I play again tomorrow? Dad said I could? could I mom?"

Haley looked down at Jamie and said " Maybe, we will see tomorrow but first do you want a chocolate cookie? just for this ones alright." Haley said.

She grabbed the cookie and set Jamie down in one of the booths with a coloring book. While Haley grabbed the cookie, mom, Nathan and I sat down on one of the tables. Haley walked towards us and said " Sorry about that I think he is a little too tired wich exhorts in him being very chatty."

"No worries, I know how it is when they are at that age. Mel was the same" Mom said.

I looked at Haley and said " Okay, let me introduce myself before Jamie interrupts again. I am Mellissa Davis, but almost everyone calls me Mel."

It nice to meet you, Mel. I am Haley, Jamie's mom, and Nathans wife as you may have noticed already." She said.

That evening in the cafe we had a wonderful time. Mom and Haley had a lot of catching up to do and Nathan, and I talked about basketball the first 45 minutes. After that, we helped Jamie with his coloring book and played some board games that were at the cafe.

Around 10 in the evening, we left the cafe with a promise to come to the BBQ this weekend.

That night, I fell asleep dreaming about playing basketball on the river court with my dad. I was about Jamie's age, and he taught me how to score a basket. I was laughing and having a great time. When suddenly a was awoken by a loud noise.