Chapter 4

It's been a week. Ara is working as usual at the office. But today she went home early because she doesn't feel really well. When she reach home, her brother was nowhere to be seen. She went straight to her room to take a shower. After that she eat ramen because she didn't buy the groceries yet.

Suddenly the front door is opened and slammed loudly. She sigh. She definitely know who is that. She went to the living room to see Taehyung messing things.

"Oppa stop it. It's not like you're gonna clean this mess." she rolled her eyes.
Taehyung didn't say anything.
"What are you searching for?" Ara ask.
"Give me your money."
"I don't have any money."
"Fuck off. I know you're lying." Taehyung said coldly.
"I'm not lying. Don't you see I just ate ramen for about 3 days already? Oh I forgot. You don't even care righ-"

Slap

"Since when you became rude to me huh?! You're just a little slut in my life."

Tears rolling down at Ara's cheek.
So I'm just a slut all this while?

"Give me your money!" Taehyung snapped.
"I told you I don't have any money!" Ara said and ran out without waiting Taehyung to respond.

I hate him. But I know it's not his fault either. This will never happen if our parents didn't leave us.

*Ara's POV*
I keep walking on the streets. I don't know where to go. Sometimes I felt like I want to end my life. So I don't have to bare the pain. But I know I have to be strong. I have to show my parents that I'm strong enough to live without them. WE are strong enough. We can survive.

One day. One day I'll prove it.

While I was walking, I bump into someone. Or a child.

"Oh I'm sorry."
"I-I want m-mummy.." that kid whine.
"Um where is your mummy. It's late already." I said softly.
"M-mummy went to b-buy ice cream."

Before I could response, a woman came.

"MinJi ! Oh my god where are you?" she ask worriedly.
"M-Mummy. I w-was walking a-and I m-met this good girl." she said with a wide smile.
That woman look at me up and down.
"Umm MinJi let's go. It's not safe here." that woman said and go away just like that.

Am I that disgusting?

I came back home to see a very messy living room. I sigh.

I'll clean this tomorrow.

I go to my room to sleep. At 3.00 a.m, I heard the door slammed. I went downstairs to see Taehyung is drunk.

"Oppa. Where were you? It's 3 in the morning." I ask sleepily.
"Somewhere." Taehyung reply.
"Okay do you need anything?" I ask.
"I want to sleep. Go away."
"Sleep at your room. It's cold here."
"No. It's not like you care." Taehyung said coldly.
"I care. I love you. Who said that I don't care?"
"No one love me. Even my parents. Everyone think I'm a trash. Everyone said that I should died. They said I'm useless. I know you must think the same." Taehyung said. He don't have any idea of what he said because he is drunk.

But I'm sure he didn't lie.

"Who told you that you're a trash? You're perfect in my eyes. It's just that... You took a wrong path.." I lowered my voice.
Taehyung scoffed.
"I don't think this is the wrong path Ara. This is the only way for me to forget everything."
"By abusing me every single day?"

Taehyung didn't reply. Instead, he cry. I was shocked. I regret my word.

"Oppa I'm sorry. I didn't meant to sa-"
"No. You're right. I'm a bad brother right?" He ask and I immedietly hug him.
"No you're not." I said softly.
"I'm sure you will leave me,you will hate me and you will forget me as your brother someday." He cried louder in my embrace.

I was shocked. I never see his weak side for a long time. The last time I see it was when our parents leave us.

"Taehyung, why did you have to worry? Don't you believe me?" I ask again.
"How can I believe people when I can't even believe in myself?"
"I'm your sister Tae. I'll never leave you whatever happen. I promise."
"But our parents said the same thing. They promise they won't leave us but at the end, they leave." He cried his whole heart out.

He's right.

I've lost my word. We both keep the silence until Taehyung slowly drifted to sleep. I put him on the couch and play with his hair while take a closer look to his figure.

You're perfect. From the bottom to the top. How can I hate you? I've tried. But I just... can't. When I was being bullied, you were always by my side. I guess this is my turn to repay you. I miss our childhood moment. I miss you. The old you. The sweet you. I miss your warmth. We used to cuddle everyday. But now we're not. We used to make fun of each other. Make a lame joke. I miss that.

I'll do everything that I can to bring my old Taehyung back.