[ Prologue ] Final Singularity: Chaldeas

Ritsuka Fujimaru stood outside of the Chaldeas Foundation in the pure white snowy landscape with Mash. Taking a deep and chilly breath, she let out a sigh of relief with tears welling up in her eyes.

"Director, Doctor, everyone..we finally did it." As if ready to burst into tears from sheer joy, a scream interrupts the current atmosphere.

"DON'T SAY THAT AS IF WE'RE DEAD!!"

As she turned around to look for the source of this response, standing behind her were two people.

Director of Chaldeas, Olga Marie Animusphere.

Doctor Romani Archaman, head of Chaldeas' medical staff.

"It was just a joke~" Gleefully, she turned around to face them with a cheerful look as Mash simply gave a defeated smile. Her Master was always one to make terrible jokes.

"Besides! No more entire world is going to burn to nothing! We've gotta set up a mood for this kind of stuff you know!"

"We should be thankful for it nonetheless, nobody was sacrificed." Romani replied with a sigh.

"I would've smacked you across the face if you weren't the saviour of humanity. Seriously." Crossing her arms together with a ticked off look, Olga certainly wasn't having any of this 'mood'.

Laughing it off, Ritsuka couldn't feel any more delighted. Through all the hardships and challenges she faced in each singularity, she thanked the stars not a single person had to lose their lives. With that in mind..

"Everyone! Group hug!" Grabbing Mash by the arm and tackling the two behind them into the snow, they all shared a warm embrace together, however annoyed some of the parties involved were.

Then, a glint of light caught the attention of Romani. Hanging up in the sky like a star that refused to set with the moon. It was a light not only he, but everyone in Chaldea was familiar with.

"T-that should be impossible. We stopped the Incineration!" The first to speak up was Olga, pointing at the light that slowly expanded into a halo encompassing the sky.

"There's no way! How can it be happening in the present?! Especially now of all times!" Eventually, the halo was fully formed, its centre completely devoid of any clouds.

Everyone stood up from the snow and could only look up to the sky in shock. It seemed like this wasn't the end of the hardships just yet, everyone thought in their minds.

"Doctor..does this mean..?" Mash looked at Romani with a determined expression. She knew that it was pointless to concern herself about the trouble and face it head on as she had always done before.

"Yes, its a new Singularity, happening right here in our own time." Even the remaining staff in Chaldea had come out of the building to gaze at the halo. Some of them rubbed their eyes in disbelief, while some already started preparations for the danger to come. Yet out of everyone here, the one who should have been most done with this trouble instead had a smile.

"Then that just means we have to correct our own timeline, and that'll finally be the end of everything." Ritsuka had every intention of seeing this through to the very end, to finally achieve a happy ending.

However, she already knew what was coming for her. Unconsciously and out of view from everyone else as she stood in front, a wicked smile stretched across her lips.