[ Chapter 5 ] Two Paths Align to Destruction

Standing at the other side of the hallway, was without a doubt, another Ritsuka Fujimaru.

Her features, her body, even the way her hair was tied were the exact same with the Ritsuka currently clinging onto Doctor Roman.

Yet, she showed hostility to her other self.

"Get away from him!!"

Her voice was filled with anger, brimming with the intent to kill.

Everything was much too sudden for everyone to process. But a single command was all it took for things to spring back into action.

"Hundred Personas! Kill the other me and Mash!" Her hand swings to her right as if making a decree. A bright red light flashes from her palm, as one of her Command Seals were expended with that order.

Hundred Personas could not resist, neither could they reason. They had their doubts about whether or not attacking what appeared to be another Master was right. But once a Command Seal was expended, they had no choice but to obey.

Dashing forward from her original spot, the backs of Mash and Ritsuka were wide open. Surely, in this quick moment where her abilities were heightened by the Command Seal, there was no room for failure.

But those two weren't going to stand there and take it.

"To me! Lancelot!"

With another flash of red, the sound of a clash echoes down the hallway. As the light settled, a flowing blue cape appeared in view of everyone behind it. A knight in shining white armour.

Lancelot, the Knight of the Lake, came to the rescue.

"Master! Mash! Are you two alright?!" His sword held back Hundred Persona's dagger. Their strength was being amplified by the order of a Command Seal. Even he, who
had formidable strength, was having trouble deflecting their blade.

"Y-yeah, we're alright. Mash! Get ready for battle!"

"Understood, Senpai!"

Both of them stood up while Lancelot managed to drag his blade down and push back Hundred Personas. But they weren't the only problem the group had to deal with right now.

From where the other Ritsuka was standing, a Noble Phantasm is shot, aiming straight for our Ritsuka. Fortunately, Mash brought up her shield just in time to block it.

"Another enemy attack?! Is it one of Hundred Personas'?!"

"N-no! This attack felt different!" Mash barely managed to keep her footing suddenly having to shield her Master from a ranged attack. As she looks over her shield, the origin was a Servant who'd normally be cooking around this hour.

Servant EMIYA, Hunter of the Red Plains, Archer.

The situation did not look good, they were caught in a pincer attack. There was also the risk of endangering Romani's life if a full scale battle were to begin here. Ritsuka needed a plan, and she needed to think one up fast.

Soon, multitudes of Hassans appeared next to Hundred Personas. Gozuls, Zayds and Mukuls all wielding their weapons against Lancelot. The situation was getting dire on his side.

As for Mash and EMIYA, he relentlessly fired shot after shot of traced Noble Phantasms with his bow. Mash was losing her footing with each successive block. She was getting pushed back.

At this rate, they'll be squeezed together with no time nor room to escape. It seemed like this was a trap all along.

As the final wave of attacks were about to collapse on the group, a lone person spoke up with all his might and spirit.