🐉Chapter 1🐉

Siblings

You had a stern face; you glared at everything that passed by as you stared out the window. It was clear to anyone that you were not in a happy mood, at all.

Why wouldn't you be? You were stuck in a car with two older brothers and your younger sister, that was already enough torture to go through, but that was only the icing on the cake. The cherry was the fact that you were going to a different place to live for the rest of your life. You had to leave your friends and all the wonderful memories behind, just to move to a new school in New York. Of all places.

You were suddenly nudged on the side by none other than Penny, you hissed out your forked tongue at her, she hissed back with a devious smile. "Momma! (Y/N) hissed at me!" she whined, "You little snake, then don't shove your elbow in my personal space", you glared down at her, "(Y/N), don't be rude with your sister. Penny, please respect your sister's space"

Oh yeah, you were a dragon, your entire family were dragons, don't get your hopes up that you guys saved and helped magical creatures and stuff. Nope, your entire family had a long line in the history of evil, treacherous dragons. Your father, Malcolm, was a descendant of Maku, from the Uragiri line. A dragon who had burned down an entire village and those who remained alive became his servants. Your mother, Sonya, was a descendant of Zel, from the Itazura line. A dragoness who hunted down unicorns and fairies for her own personal gain of power.

To say the least, you were proud but also ashamed of your family heritage. Proud because it was a long line of power, ashamed because of the fact that your family tree was only known for their horrific actions.

"Hey, (Y/N)!" you turned your body and sat up on your knees to look behind the seat, "What's up, Yin?"

"Hey, do ya think you could toss a bag of catnip?"

"No can do, Yin. My bag's all the way in the back."

You turned back around, hearing a faint cry from your talking cat, Yin. She was black colored she-cat with a single white dot on her forehead. Yin has been with the family ever since you were born, your eldest brother, Elijah found her just roaming the streets of your hometown. The she-cat bumped into him walking on her hind legs and complaining about her fur getting wet in the rain.

You turned back to looking out the window. Watching, even counting how many cars had passed by, the view of the city up ahead, slowly growing and growing into view, New York City. You didn't exactly hate it; the thought of starting over is what you hated. Why couldn't you have just been left back at home, you could take care of yourself, but no! It's not your fault you accidentally lit the backyard on fire.

***

Your mother handed you the key to your new apartment home. Before you walked into the apartment, you opened Yin's cage, allowing the she-cat to walk beside you up to the room. "Well, what do you think, Yin?"

"Eh, seems crowded in my opinion", she shrugged, "But, I'd give this place a week before I start settling down", you chuckled at your cat's laziness.

"Hopefully my father doesn't end up doing his regular evil stuff", you looked down, "For once, I actually just want us to be a normal family- Oof"

You were suddenly pushed to the ground by a force, you shook your head and glared at whoever it was, "Oh, sorry, miss", and it was a little girl with pigtails and in pink little overalls and a white long-sleeved shirt underneath. "Next time you watch where you're going, kid", you mumbled.

"Haley! Get back here with my journal!"

The girl before you tried to run away, but instead she was grabbed by the shoulder and pulled back. "How many times do I have to tell you? Don't. Take. My. Journal." a boy around your age, took the journal out of the little girl's hand. "Oh come on! It's show 'n tell again and Fu dog doesn't want to go", She whined, "Well I don't care"

You stood awkwardly watching, what you could guess, an older brother and younger sister arguing. "Yeesh, reminds me of when you and your siblings fight during dinner." Yin whispered over to you. "What about that song you wrote about that Rose girl? She's not here anymore so-"

"No!"

He was about to walk away, but stopped once he faced you. Yin immediately got down on all fours, letting out a "meow" like a normal cat. "Oh, uh... Hi", you grabbed your luggage, "Hi", you used this small weird moment to analyze him. Dark spiky hair with a streak of dark green, a red sweater with yellow here and there, baggy pants, and blue sneakers.

He shifted awkwardly under your cold gaze; he could actually feel a cold chill slowly crawl up his spine. "Oh, you're our new neighbors!", like a knife, Haley quickly cut the tension, with your sharp eye, you could see the teen let out a breath he probably didn't realize he was holding. You shifted your gaze to the younger girl, "Yes, I am. My family and I are barely getting settled in", the girl jumped with joy, in your peripheral vision, you could see that the boy took this time to analyze you, not that this bothered you as much as it had bothered him. "Do you know where your room is?", she asked, you looked down at the room key your mother gave you, 240.

"Not exactly, this is the right floor for room 240, right?"

The girl nodded, "Uh-huh! In fact, that's right next to ours!", next thing you knew the little girl grabbed your hand to drag you to your new family's cramped up home. Great. "Hey, Jake!" her brother's attention was snapped away from his deep thoughts. "Uh, Yeah?"

"Come on! We're gonna show this girl her room number!"

"How about I just go back to my room and you can show her-"

"Too late!!"

In an instant the girl grabbed her brother's hand and started to drag him off along with her, all the while she rambled on and on about whatever, mainly about her family, her, and her brother. "So what's your name?" she suddenly asked. "Huh? Oh, name's (Y/N) Tsu", you responded

"So where did you use to live?"

"(Place)."

"How was it like over there?"

"Well, it was-"

"Did you have any friends there?"

"I did, but-"

"Oh! Do you have any brothers or sisters my age?"

"Um, y-"

"If so, can I play with them?!"

"I don-"

"Plea-"

"Haley! Will you let her talk, please! Jeez"

Oh boy

--------------------------------------------------

Quick question: What job does Jake's dad work at?