🐉Chapter 3🐉

Problem

Someone needed to cut the tension from the air immediately, it was killing you!

It wasn't coming from your family, no. They ate silently and respectively, even Penny. Jonathan Long and his daughter happily ate and Susan Long she ate calmly, but something was hanging around her. The tension was radiating greatly off from the boy who poked his food ever so often, looked like he was having an intense staring contest with his own reflection in the plate.

It was starting to make you feel uneasy. Someone please say something!

"So, what school are you transferring your kids in?"

Thank you! Not what you wanted to talk about, but it's better than nothing!

"We'll be transferring our children to Millard Fillmore School"

Jake stopped chewing. "Oh! What a coincidence! That's the same school Jake and Haley go to"

This was the time for you to stop chewing.' Out of all schools'. Haley had a big grin on her face, and so did Penny, your brothers merely hummed, but Elijah's face suddenly contorted into anger, what for?

"You know it'll be an even bigger coincidence if our Jake and your daughter, (Y/N) got the same classes!", now you just wanted Mr. Long to stop talking at this point, there's no way you wanted any classes at all with him. "Hopefully not", you heard your father murmur to himself and you couldn't have agreed more.

Suddenly Jake's chair was jerked back, everyone stopped and stared at him quizzically, he looked around his chair, "Um... I-it was nothing... I uh...", he looked at everyone, but simply scooted back to the table and poked at his food again, clearly embarrassed. In your peripheral vision, your older brother whispered over to the other, Cameron shifted his eyes quickly to the teen that sat next to him, before looking back down at his own plate. Great, now they're planning something.

"It would seem very unlikely of (Y/N), or any of my children, to be associated in any classes at all, Mr. Long."

For once you were relieved for your dad's high standards. And you agreed with him, it would be unlikely, plus you really didn't want to be in the same classes as that Long kid. "My daughter needs the proper education, back at her old school, she was top of her class!", oh no...

Your brother, Cameron suddenly stood up, excusing himself to the bathroom and left the kitchen, as he walked by Jake's chair, the teen was suddenly jerked back in his chair again. "Oh, sorry, man. Must've been my foot", Cameron apologized, "Uh, y-yeah, it's okay", and with that, your older brother left for the bathroom. Your father continued to brag about you and your siblings' successes at our old schools. Never mind what you said about the whole 'high standards' stuff.

You ate whatever was left on your plate, your parents talked with Jake's, Penny laughed with Haley, which was a surprise to you (Mostly because hardly any of the students back at her old school talked to her, they feared Penny) seeing as your sister hasn't done anything to the young girl... yet.

Suddenly, Jake shot up from his chair, eyes wide. "Jake, what's wrong?", his mother asked, everyone tried to follow his gaze, "Y-YEAH!", he yelled, snapping everyone's attention back on him. What is wrong with him? "I just uh... Um...", he's trying to make an excuse, isn't he? What did he see? You tried to look back, but he raised his voice again, causing you to look back at him, "NEED! To... go and finish a project that I just remembered... I had to finish...." He drifted off, mostly looking to his mother's permission. There was some panic in his eyes.

"Uh, s-sure. You're excused, Jake"

And with that he left the room, heading off to his room. Cameron sure is taking a long time in the bathroom, wait... He doesn't even know where the bathroom is.

***

Jake's POV

There was another dragon! Here, in the city!

But that's impossible, there hasn't been another dragon here in New York City for a while, and that's excluding my mother, Haley, and I. This one didn't look so friendly either, I could assume the basics from them, they're just here to cause havoc (The regular). An easy fight.

I flung open my bedroom door, shutting it behind me quickly, and didn't want any of the Tsu family finding out. I opened the window of my room and climbed out onto the fire escape stairs, running up to the roof, I finally made it and got into position, yelling out "Dragon up!" transforming into my dragon form.

"Good to be back..."

I flew over the city in search of the dragon I saw earlier from the dining room window. What did he want? For some reason he seemed angry, have I known him before, or is he an old enemy of my grandfather? Can't exactly be possible, he seemed young to be an old enemy of gramps. But I don't remember anything of fighting a dragon with purple, er... velvet scales?

"It's ruby, you moron!"

I turned around only to be knocked back. I flapped my wings roughly to stop myself from crashing into a building, finally regaining my balance. I glared at the dragon that floated before me. Huh... he really does have ruby colored scales. "In case you didn't notice, you talk when you're in thought", so that's how he heard my thoughts. Man, I really need to work on that.

"Look, whatever you want it's not here! So, I'd suggest you leave this city alone, now!", I threatened. He merely let out a laugh, "That's gonna be kinda difficult. But what I want is right here in front of me, ready for battle"

"If a battle is what you want, then a battle you're gonna get"

I already had it set out, I zoom past him and pretend to fly away, lead him on into the forest where I'll hide and wait to strike! As gramps would say; patience is the key. I set my plan into motion, I started to fly full speed at him, but when I neared him, he suddenly disappeared! I stopped flying, where is he? "Hey, where are you?! Show yourself!"

I felt a punch on my cheek, he's invisible, great...

"Thought it was that easy to fool me, huh, Long?"

How did he know my surname? I felt another punch at the other cheek, then at the gut. I hunched over in pain, he reappeared in front of me and kicked me in the face, sending me flying off onto the roof of a building, causing it to shake under my weight slightly. Pretty sure there's a crater under me, "This is gonna be difficult...", I groaned.

"If you think it's gonna be easy to beat me, then you are dead wrong, Long", he crossed his arms in front of his chest, "I come from a long line of highly intelligent and extremely dangerous dragons, I've learned from the best! My powers are gained from the legendary Uragiri and the Itazura line"

Uragiri? Itazura?

His arms dropped to his sides, he must've noticed the dumbfounded look on my face, "You don't know what I'm talking about, do you?", he asked, I shook my head. Hey, at least I'm honest...

"Hmph... Whatever. Isn't there dinner waiting for you? After all, you do have guests"

"Hey, wait! I thought you wanted a battle!"

He turned invisible, "I did, but I only wanted to rough you up a bit before the real battle"

Real battle?

I could hear flapping in the distance, I assumed that he most likely left, I decided that maybe I should head back home.

Somehow I've made a new enemy.