🐉Chapter 6🐉

The Red Dragon

You waited by the bus stop waiting for your siblings, nose in a book about whatever for an upcoming book report. Closing your book you let out a sigh, "Can I help you?" you asked the teen that stood close to you at the bus stop, the same teen that you sat next to on the bus, just looking at you with a burning curiosity radiating off of him.

Surprised that you caught him staring without looking at him, he immediately turned his head away and pretended that he wasn't staring, by now other students had began to form a crowd waiting for the bus, so surely if he acted like he hadn't been staring you'd just suspect that you were talking to someone else, right? Wrong, he shifted his eyes to side glance at you.

Only to find you staring directly at him with eyebrows raised waiting for him to answer. 'Alright Spud, play it cool'

He looked around before turning to you, he pointed at himself, "Me?" you rolled your eyes at his attempt to play the earlier events off, "Don't pretend." you placed your hands on your hips, "What is it that you need?"

"Me? Well, I... Uh", sweat started to form at his brow, his cheeks reddened at both embarrassment and nervousness, 'Don't ruin the mission, Spud. You can't let Jake down, think, think, THINK!', as if someone heard his plea, your intimidating gaze that made him shrink was stolen by none other than your brother, the one with a rose colored tint to his brown hair, "Making friends already, I see", he chuckled. You looked down in embarrassment; you're the only one out of your siblings to be socially awkward. "Shut up" you murmured, Cameron shook his head with his amused smirk before returning to flirt with some giggling teens. You let out a sigh, suddenly finding your shoes more interesting than Spud, "S~orry", you forced out.

Spud's cool demeanor suddenly returned and he waved you off, "Nah, its fine. I have a record of getting girls angry at me, my own special charm", he stated proudly, placing his hands on his hips. You corked an eyebrow, "Shouldn't that be considered as a bad thing?" you asked. He answered with a simple shrug, you left it at that and just stared off in front of you, but every now and then you'd feel the kids gaze on you, you chose to ignore.

Until something caught your attention, your hearing senses kicked in and you'd hear a twinkling noise, squinting you also saw some sparkling dust be left behind in an empty alleyway in front of the school, 'A fairy!', your eyes widened.

'Now, I could either notify my siblings and we try to catch it, with the exception of getting spotted, possibly blowing all of our cover by the students outside. Or, I can chase it down myself and Jake Long sees me', you run through all the different outcomes of the situation a faint flash of red caught your eye, followed by a small squeak of a giggle twitching in your ears.

'Red' The red dragon began to chase it. You began to back up into the school, ignoring your siblings questioning stares and Spud's curious look. You fully turned around and ran right back into the school, skidding your way to a nearby girls bathroom. You immediately checked all stalls to check if they were empty, to your relief, they were. Your skin began to turn as you ran up to the window, opened it and jumped out.

Your wings fought against wind, flying up into the clouds again, for coverage, peering out of the cloud, using both your heightened hearing and eyesight, you caught the twinkling noise again and flew out, following it all the way to the park that led to a forest. You dove into the green sea of trees and sniffed to catch the fairy's scent, "Aw, come on Red. You're much bigger than me! It's not fair"

"Sorry to cut your fun short, but I have to make sure you're safe. There's a new dragon I had a scuffle with last night and this could mean trouble for others." You growled to yourself, 'Dang it, Cameron. First Jake, now the red dragon', how are you going to explain this to your parents? You peered from your hiding spot to see the same red dragon holding a blue skinned fairy in his hands, "Are there any other mythical creatures I should know that are still out here?" he asked, "I saw a couple, but I won't tell"