🐉Chapter 5🐉

First day

"So, what happened?" A teen girl asked, folding her arms over her chest as she leaned back slightly, looking expectantly at her green haired friend. "Nothing."

"Nothing? So, you got all suspicious of her over nothing?"

"Well...", Jake scratched the back of his neck, he really didn't have anything to tell his friends about you, you did absolutely nothing wrong during theater, and thank god, that was the only class he had you in. (Knock on wood), you acted normal. "That doesn't erase the fact that she seems so...", he sighed, "There's this evil aura about her, I can't put my finger on it"

"Maybe she just seems evil but is really nice?", Spud spoke up after shoveling the lunch food in his mouth, "She seems pretty chill in my book, we sat next to each other on the bus"

Jake looked at him questionably, "Her family seemed pretty strange too", he began, "My parents invited them over to have dinner with us and they were all strange. Her dad was stuck up, her sister seemed a bit freakish, her brothers were even more weirder, and her mom was nice! A little too nice, in my opinion" Trixie raised a brow, "And because her mother showed decent hospitality like any other person would, it's a crime to you?"

"No, that's not what I meant, Trix. I'm not going to stop until I see what's up with that family of hers", the dark skinned teen hummed in thought for a while, before turning to her other friend, "Spud, you said you sit next to her on the bus, right?"

"Yes, ma'am", Trixie smiled, "See if you can get something on her, ask her subtle questions"

"Subtle questions, got it!", he saluted,

"...And I don't mean flirt with her..."

***

With the spare time you have, already finished whatever the teacher has assigned you, everyone else is either sleeping and drooling on their paper or going through their phone to catch up on the uninteresting news that is their friends Instagram pictures rather than actual news. You used this time to try and link your thoughts with that of your eldest brother, asking him why his mood had suddenly changed during dinner, his and Cameron's.

'Elijah...', you closed your eyes in concentration, 'Elijah... can you hear me?'

'Yes, I can', his voice cuts through as clear as day, 'What is it? You're interrupting my time with invading the minds of these miserable fleas, quite amusing if I must say'

'I have to ask a quick question, then you can go back to unwelcoming yourself into people's thoughts, mind stalker'

You heard him groan at the nickname you gave him, 'Fine, what is it?'

'What did you hear in that Jake kids head on the night of our welcoming dinner from the Long family? It made you vaguely upset you even told Cameron'

'If I told you, then you'd want to burn that kid to a crisp, wouldn't want to upset father, would you?'

You rolled your eyes behind your eyelids, 'Oh, please, I'd be doing father a favor getting rid of a pest, just tell me.'

'Well, it's clear that he doesn't like you', that much was obvious, 'He called you weird'

'Doesn't seem much like an insult'

'You might not care, but you're my younger sister, (Y/N). Both Cameron and I care for you, and so does Penny.', You could hear him let out a small sigh, 'Just be weary of that one, (Y/N), he seems to have some superstition of us'

And with that you felt your older brother leave your mind space. Superstition, how could Jake be superstitious of you and your family so quickly? No one else seems to have noticed that your family is evil, unless... You cursed to yourself. Putting two and two together, you concluded, the most irrational way to defend your sibling against some childish insult would be the Cameron way.

Which meant pretending to excuse himself from the dinner table to go to the 'bathroom', only to provoke and spook the teen by transforming into his dragon form and appear in the front of the window, that was the Cameron way. No wonder he took so long in the bathroom.

This would then lead to Jake's superstition of your family, he must've put two and two together as well, guess he was smarter than he looked. This would mean you'd have to warn Cameron to lay low for a while, but this would also mean no nightly flights by yourself for a while either if the other teen is most likely going to search and see if the ruby moronic idiot, you call your brother, is out there again.

You rested your cheeks against the palms of your hands.

'Cameron, what have you done?'

***

Little did you know, you were off, way off on your theory. Jake had superstition on your family, but nothing about them being dragons, although his mind did stray elsewhere, and that elsewhere was who was the ruby dragon that could disappear, and what was that white glowing thing last night? He debated if he should tell his friends, but after everything that happened, everything, he didn't want to burden them with his dragon duties after those events.

Besides, he needed to start doing this stuff on his own, Jake needed to learn how to be independent. The only thing he could have them do is observe from a far with one small thing.

You.  

--------------------------------------------------

I am deeply sorry it took so long to update this story, I had major writers block. At first, I was going good for this chapter, but then the idea disappeared, and I was left with nothing of how this'll unfold, and I will admit, I procrastinated for a while, until finally I came up with this much, which isn't mush I know. But trust me, I have the plot down for the story, I just have slight trouble on unfolding it. Again, deeply sorry.