🐉Chapter 2🐉

Dinner

After the whole sibling argument you had endured between the two siblings (Which again, reminded by Yin cat that it reminded her so much of your siblings), they finally showed your apartment room. You informed your family on where you'll be staying and they followed, doing in and outs of both rooms and the building to get to your boxes filled with your family stuff in them.

You placed the final box on your now decorated bed and opened it, pulling out the things that you had to fill your room, your room already had a good color painted on it, not one that would make you want to vomit, like (L/F/C), you started to settle in. You got the joy of getting the room with a window, which was nice. Time to put a curtain over the window so you can drown out the sunlight!

You started to place your clothes in the drawers of the vanity your dad helped you place in your room. By your peripheral vision while putting away your folded clothes, your mother was standing at your doorway, "Yes?" You asked, "Hurry up with your packing, our next door neighbors invited us over as a warm welcome" she smiled. You closed the drawer, "That's cool." You simply responded, "Is that all you came to tell me?"

"No, I'm here to also tell you to start getting ready. We're gonna be there in about 13 minutes"

You stopped what you were doing and turned to look at your mother, a face of disbelief "really? Can't I just stay?" you asked. Your mother smiled sweetly, "Oh, dumpling~ No, you can't.", your mother's face then turned serious, "Get ready, you're going"

You let out a hiss of anger in the direction of where your mother stood.

"Hissing at me isn't going to help"

***

It was, of course, a small walk to the next door neighbors, same as when you had arrived in New York City, you held a grim expression. Your father knocked on the door and waited until the front door opened to reveal a tall male with brown hair, "Welcome!" he beamed, "I'm Jonathan Long! A pleasure to meet you", he happily shook your father's hand as soon as he lifted his hand, your father froze in his place slightly, not used to someone with such a peppy mood that did not involve happily starting some havoc, "Oh, um, my name is Malcolm. Malcolm Tsu"

Mr. Long then stepped to the side, "Please, come in"

Your family walked into the small apartment, there in the living room, a tall woman with black hair put on a smile, "Hi, I'm Susan", she greeted. Your mother mirrored her smile, "Hello, Sonya Tsu, this is my husband Malcolm." your father gave Mrs. Long a curt nod, "Nice to meet you. And who are these lovely children?"

"Ah, yes. My children, Elijah our eldest, Cameron, (Y/N), and Penny our youngest"

"Well, it's nice to meet them. I have a son who's about your older daughter's age and a daughter who's about your youngest age", she looks down at my mother's hands to spot a tray of rice balls, "Oh, you didn't need to cook anything", she smiled, your mother waved her off a little, "Nonsense! What kind of neighbors would we be if we didn't at least bring something of my cooking to save yourself from the little time you have cooking your own food!"

"They should be out now." Looking back, Mrs. Long mostly whispered to herself before turning to us, "Um, one moment"

She left the living room in the direction of what you could assume were the rooms of her children. "Why don't you all take a seat at the dining room", Mr. Long led us to the dining room where we each sat in our respective seats. The brunette haired man takes a seat from the one across from your dad, "So, How's the Big Apple doing for ya?" He asked. Your father held his head up high, like the high horse he's always on, "Until my wife and I are able to find a job that we make decent enough money from, will we finally be satisfied with this Big Apple that you speak of", you close your eyes and rolled them behind your eyelids. You wanted to let out a big sigh of the embarrassment that your father brought upon you, the fact that he constantly would always look in on a high standard just because of the family heritage. It drove you insane!

"Oh, you're looking for a job! Well, I actually work in a financial planning industry not too far from here"

Your mother clasped her hands together turning from your father to Mrs. Long's husband, "How wonderful! Seems like we won't spend much time searching, we can start now if it's alright with you, Mr. Long", Mr. Long waved your mother off kindly; "Why of course it's alright! The sooner the better!" your father hummed at the idea, keeping his steel face, "We'll see"

"I'm sure we'll need the job sooner than later, what with the kids going to school tomorrow as well", your mother smiled, you nearly choked on thin air. Tomorrow? What happened to "next week"? Your father hummed again, "Yes, the sooner the better". You were about to speak up, but got cut off.

"(Y/N)! Hi!"

And there waved a little girl. Not just any girl, Haley.

"Oh, Haley, you've already met (Y/N)?" her mother asked. "Yeah! Jake and I were the ones who showed her the room apartment her family's staying in!" the small girl said excitedly, her mother smiled at her daughter, "How kind of you, honey". Haley sat next to your sister who sat next to you; Susan said she was going to bring out the food, to which your mother offered to help with (as well as speaking for your help as well).

In and out from the kitchen, you carried trays of the meal Haley's mother made whilst your mother and her spoke, into the dining room where both fathers tried to calm the two young girls chanting for food, while Elijah and Cameron were on their phones typing away, the typical family antics. On your way back to the kitchen, you passed your mother carrying empty plates for everyone, you stopped once you heard voices from the kitchen, "Ear of the dragon", you whispered to yourself, your ear turned into a pointy, white scaled one, listening intently.

"Jake-"

"Mom, can't I just stay in my room?"

"No!"

"But they won't know I'm gone! They don't even know I'm here"

"Haley does, and trust me Jake Long; I will not hold her back"

"But-"

"Now, Jake!"

Your ear turned back to normal, you decided now would be a right time to casually stroll in and act like you didn't hear anything, and that's exactly what you did. Both mother and son turned their attention to you, "Am I interrupting... Something?"

"Oh no, sweetie. Jake was just about to take a seat at the table with everyone else", she scolded her son who stuffed his hands in the pockets of his sweater and sulked off to the dining room. You stepped out of his way; you turned back to his mother.

"Um, is there anything I can help you with?" you asked 'innocently'.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

'Great, it's that weird girl from this morning'

--------------------------------------------------

What's the name of the school? I know I can search up this stuff on my own, but I kinda wanna have you guys feel included on making this story happen. :>