🐉Chapter 4🐉

New

After dinner, you and your family thanked the Long family for the dinner, while taking some leftovers with you. Penny and Haley became immediate best friends (Surprisingly), Jake came out of his room after a while, for some reason he had a bruise on his cheek, he brushed it off as him just being clumsy and bumping into something hard. Which you clearly knew was a lie.

What you also knew as a lie was Cameron's lame excuse to use the bathroom, no human or dragon takes that long in the bathroom, unless they have... Yeah.... And what happened with Elijah, what made him so angry?

He probably read something he wasn't supposed to, maybe it was dad's thoughts again, but your father already knew how to block out Elijah from entering his mind, so has your mother. Surely you weren't thinking any of the things that could get him so easily angered or annoyed, couldn't have been Penny, and Cameron? Elijah probably told him what he heard.

Your parents told all of you that it was best to turn in for the morning, or as your father said, "Get a good rest, I expect all of you up and ready in the morning". Your younger sister and older brother ended up trying to protest, asking if they can stay up longer, while your eldest brother, being the more respectful one, left to his room, and so did you. But for a more different reason, not for sleeping.

You stuffed smaller pillows under your cover, oldest trick in the book? Yes, but it still worked, at least. Opening your window, you climb out onto the fire escape and start to make your way up to the top of the building, Time for a little exploring. Upon mental demand, your skin began to turn into pure white scales, your ears become pointed and white, your nails grew into sharp hook-like claws, face growing a snout, a long slim tail grew out, wings growing from your shoulder blades, and your hair began to trail along from your head to your spine and down your tail as a fin. You are a full dragon now. A white scaled dragoness, with a light peach-pink underbelly.

Stretching your wings, you lifted yourself off the ground, readying for flight over the entirety of New York City.

***

I lay comfortably in my bed. I really needed the rest; my stomach was killing me after that punch.

"Jake...", just when I thought sleep would finally consume me...

"Psst, Jake...", I turned around in my bed and sat up, "Ugh... Yes, Fu Dog?", I groaned, rubbing a hand against my face. "Gramps told me that you need to patrol the city again"

"Again!", I fell back into the cushion of my bed, he wanted me to patrol the city again?! "Look, I don't enjoy getting woken up in the middle of the night, but gramps needs ya to" I let out a huff, a puff of smoke emitting from my nostrils, "Alright, fine..."

I just had to be the older one, didn't I?

That meant I had to be the one patrolling the city, not Haley, because she's too young to stay up late. Well, I still had school, didn't I? (Even if I don't like it) I flew over the entire city, there wasn't anything suspicious going on in the city right now, no magical creatures running loose, and no sign of that dragon I had a small quarrel with.

It's a quiet night, good. That means I can turn in early!

I begin to fly back, but not before spotting something in the air with me. It looked like it was glowing a soft pure white color with the light of the moon shining on whatever it was. To be honest, it was quite pretty. It was like a trance; I couldn't look away from. It spun, it twirled, it circled in the air before straight up soaring into the sky. My curiosity getting the best of me, I decided to follow it, flying up even higher into the clouds. But sadly, as soon as I got there, I couldn't find it, never mind, I guess.

Might as well head back. I'll ask gramps in the morning if he knows anything about mysterious glowing things in the night.

***

You stared blankly out the window, face in palm and such while you sat next to whoever was besides you. The bus was filled with the laughter and shouts of the many students sitting on rows of seats in the yellow vehicle. Elijah sadly sat by himself like you, except a girl in a cheerleading outfit flirted with him, clearly making him uncomfortable, '...Poor Elijah...'

'...Shut it, (Y/N) ...'

Cameron sat with Penny to make sure she wasn't alone, and to make sure she doesn't burn someone's hair. While you sat with a boy who you could care less about who he is or what his name is, after all, you merely just observed his outfit to determine what kind of person he is. A face full of freckles, a simple green beanie covering brown hair, a blue t-shirt with yellow stripes, an orange long sleeve under it, baggy brown jeans, blue sneakers and black fingerless gloves. He clearly has a laid back personality, due to his slouching, he had earbuds plugged in, rock music blaring out of them while he drummed his fingers against his knees.

A laid back dude. That's it.

Nothing to really focus on, so instead you focus on the fact that you were almost spotted by some red dragon in the city of New York, it was good thinking flying up and using the clouds as camouflage, a perk for having white scales. Hopefully, they don't appear during another nightly flight of yours.

Finally, the bus came to a stop in front of the school. Everyone started to get up and leave, as well as you, the boy sitting next to you scooted out of the seat and smiling at you, he moved out of the way, "After you, m' lady", he gestured, you got up and walked in front of him, "Thanks"

"You're welcome", he said happily, going back to listening to his music, occasionally air guitaring. 'Strange boy'

You continued along with your siblings to the principal's office to receive your schedule. Everyone that was hanging around the front of the school talking to their friends began to suddenly hush down, some even stepping to the side to let you and your siblings walk inside, the four of you walking calmly next to one another in a formal line. Oldest to youngest, tallest to shortest kind of line. Your siblings and you gave the sense of "We're the new rulers of this school, bow down to us, worms'', this is what happens when you inherit your father's glare. Some girls whisper about how cute your brothers are, boys whisper about how pretty you look, some of them even hold hands of their girlfriends who glared at you.

All four of you meet the principle, get your separate papers, as well as directions to your youngest sister's 3rd grade class, to which Elijah volunteered to take her while you and Cameron headed off to your first classes, your first class is Drama while Cam's is Biology. The two of you headed your separate ways, making your way to the auditorium to find the class inside, two students are already up on stage practicing while the rest are sitting in the cushioned seats along with the teacher, some not even paying attention, observing their acting. You made your way to the front, looking up at the two students acting out their lines, trying their best not to look at the paper in their hands as much as they can, "Ay me! Sad hours seem long. Was that my father that went hence so fast?"

Romeo and Juliet, a classic and well known by William Shakespeare.

You let out a huff, when getting closer to the stage, you realize who's playing as Romeo, 'What are the odds...'

"Um, oh! ...It was. What sadness lengthens Romeo's hours?"

"Alright, that's enough", The teacher got up from her seat, "Thank you. Harold, give more emotion, it looks like you're too afraid to enter a graveyard. Jake, nice work, you've been improving"

'Oh, what are the odds, indeed...'

--------------------------------------------------

So, I just realized something. The school they go to is merely just a middle school, not a High school. so to clear this up, I'm changing something, the school is going to be both a high school and a middle school. Don't know if that's already was established in the show, but just clearing it up. Thank you, I am currently going to work on chapter 5 all the while working on an original idea (but still a fanfic of a fandom) story that I kinda want to be lifted off the ground by now so.