Chapter 1- Heirloom

10/18/2019 UPDATE- STORY IS UNDERGOING CONSTRUCTION AT THE MOMENT BETWEEN MYSELF AND MY BETA. EACH CHAPTER IS GETTING A BRAND NEW MAKEOVER! STORY LINE WILL STAY THE SAME BUT MORE DETAILS AND MINOR CHANGES WILL OCCUR. NO SET DATE AS TO WHEN THE NEW CHAPTERS WILL BE POSTED AS I AM ALSO CURRENTLY WORKING ON ANOTHER TIME TRAVEL STORY AT THE PRESENT TIME. HOWEVER, EVERY 10 CHAPTERS EDITED WILL BE POSTED ALONG WITH A STAR IN THE CHAPTER HEADING! THANK YOU FOR YOUR PATIENCE AND WAITING WELL OVER A YEAR FOR ME TO FINALLY REVAMP THIS FIC. PLEASE CHECK OUT MY PROFILE IF YOU HAVE QUESTIONS ABOUT THIS STORY. THANK YOU :)

Saturday, April 6, 2001 05:30pm

Draco had no idea why he decided to come to Malfoy Manor this evening. He was perfectly capable of getting ready at his own flat in East London. He, however, was never one to say no to his mother. Malfoy manor had been redecorated since the death of the Dark Lord and, thanks to his mother, it no longer felt like a mausoleum anymore. But it still wasn't home.

He had stopped pacing the large childhood bedroom long enough to straighten the lapels of his black suit. As he adjusted the white collar, he noticed one of the house elves had left a spot on his black leather loafers. It was just one more annoyance to add to his already perfect day.

He had currently spent the past 10 minutes trying to tie the black silk tie around his neck. It was a gift from his mother finely made with designs woven into the seemingly simple tie. He was anxious, yet excited. Today was the day he was taking over Malfoy Empire. Today was the day his father stepped down as head of house and Draco was to step up and assume his birthright. It would also mark the first steps he would take in order to prove himself to the world, his family, and himself. Tonight, the Malfoy family would be throwing a huge charity ball that would celebrate the occasion. The party would be held in their oldest family estate in Southampton. In less than an hours' time, Draco would arrive fashionably late, possibly just late if he couldn't charm his blasted tie.

To throw a charity ball was never something Draco would have expected from his father. Then again Draco's' family had changed after the war. Everyone had. Lucius Malfoy had been trying for the past four years to repair the family name. His father had become rather charitable after escaping the Dark Lord. The amount of events held the past year alone made Draco's head spin.

Tonight's charity event was no exception. The Dark Lord himself would be turning in his grave if he knew of the newest scholarships for Muggle-born witches and wizards. There would be eight honorees this year; it was twice the number as the year before. Draco had doubted his father's sincerity thinking it was another one of his schemes. But his father had thrown himself into that project for the last three years, shocking the community and his family alike.

Draco felt his mother's watchful eye as he continued to pace in front of the bed he used to sleep in as a teen. The bedroom was very large, large enough to fit all of the Slytherin dorm in it. The king size bed—with a green comforter, black silk sheets, and too many pillows to count—sat in the middle of the room against the wall. It had remained untouched since his time at Hogwarts. There was a night stand on either side of the bed both under huge cathedral like windows that over looked the garden.

His mother was sitting in a black arm chair closest to the stand on the right. He had always known his mother to wear the latest fashion. She had out done herself, once again, and wore a long, dark green gown this year. It had a small train in the back with long laced sleeves down both arms. The outfit was complimented with black heels and a small diamond bracelet. Her blonde hair was place up in a tight elegant bun.

"Would you stop pacing and sit down please? You are making me nervous." Narcissa pleaded

"You're nervous?" Replied Draco, "What about me? I'm the one whose face is all over the place and in the papers." He picked up the Daily Prophet and waved it in the air abandoning his half done tie. "I am the one whose about to get up in front of hundreds of people, give a speech, and tell the world of my engagement. What if I mess up? What if I make a fool of myself, what if...? Oh bloody hell!" He froze in front of his mother looking her dead in the eye. He thought about admitting the fear of his arranged marriage, but decided better of it. He wouldn't, couldn't, let anyone, not even his mother knew how terrified he was—and he already spoken too much.