Chapter 22- Smell Ice Can You

LARGE QUOTES FROM THE MOVIE TITANIC WILL BE USED IN THIS CHAPTER. I HAVE MODIFIED SOME, TO FIT THE STORY BUT I WANT TO LET EVERYONE KNOW, THAT I DO NOT OWN THE ORIGINAL QUOTES. THEY BELONG TO JAMES CAMERON AND THE STAFF OF THE MOVIE!

Chapter 21- Smell Ice Can You

Sunday, April 14th, 1912 11:38pm

Draco watched as Hermione twirled in a circle with a wide smile on his face. He was leaning on the railing at bow of the ship with his hands in his pockets, as he recalled the last few hours. They had skipped lunch to watch Titanic move through the ocean, in wonderment. Once it got too cold out, they headed back to their room and had a glorious steamy shower session, he could only hope to repeat soon. They decided to take a nap afterward until dinner, since they had hardly gotten any sleep last night due to the party going on, longer than he expected it to. They met Aquila, Dimitra, Molly and their respective pairs at dinner and gossiped about anything and everything.

'He wished his parents could have dinners like that at home but they always ate in silence. Once they got back, he would be determined to make sure meals at the Manor, were more lively.'

Before dinner had ended, he pulled Aquila off to the side to talk to her and get her opinion on some family things while Hermione chatted away with Dimitra, Robert, and Cygnus. Molly had left right after dinner to catch up on some reading before bed and he could see the excitement in Hermione's eyes, when she asked her what book she was reading.

Due to the nap they had taken earlier, they were both wide awake after dinner, so they decided to be rebels and run around the ship. They played a game that Hermione had called TAG. He thought a muggle game would be boring and stupid but found out, it was actually quite fun. They chased each other around the deck of the ship for a few hours before resting at the bow to catch their breaths. He couldn't help but stare at Hermione with a tender heart.

'She looks so beautiful in her flowing yellow dress. He really did love her in every way, shape, and form. She knew how to have fun. He didn't expect that from the bookworm know-it-all. She had surprised him so much, throughout the whole journey, he wondered if he ever really knew her.'

He never got to finish that thought. A loud bell rang out from above them and he looked up to see two men in the crow's nest, acting frantic. He couldn't hear what they were yelling but he saw one man grab an object and start yelling into it. He was about to follow the second man's line of sight when he felt Hermione yank him away from the railing roughly, in a panic.

X

11:39pm

Hermione stopped spinning instantly as soon as she heard the bell go off. She looked up to the crow's nest tower, saw the frantic men, and knew exactly what was about to happen. She turned towards Draco but he wasn't paying attention to her. She went to say something to him and that's when she saw it. About nine hundred feet away behind him, was a large white object coming closer and closer; the iceberg. It was so much bigger than she imagined and it wasn't even upon them yet. She quickly yanked Draco away from the railing almost knocking them both down but she didn't care. She had to get him away from the edge.

He looked at her in confusion but looked to where her eyes landed and his face dropped. Draco gripped her waist and pulled her back, down a set of stair, closer to the middle of the bow deck. She felt the ship stall. The engines stopped suddenly, to reverse the propellers, knocking her to their knees. She quickly lifted her head and watched in horror as the ship looked to hit the mass head on. Draco picked her up off the deck and they stood there in fear, as they watched the event unfold; unable to do anything about it.