Chapter 18- To Deceive a Malfoy

Friday, April 12th, 1912 7:45pm

After dinner was finished Draco stood up from the table he sat at with Dimitra and Robert, and excused himself for a moment. He had told Hermione earlier in the day that he would memorize the detail of Aquila Malfoys ring. After his love had recounted the conversation she had had during tea, with Aquila, he had come up with a full proof plan. He did not have a chance all day to speak with his ancestor, so he waited patiently, until dinner was almost over. As the men took their leave to have a drink and talk business in the Smoking Lounge, it gave him the perfect opportunity to corner Lady Malfoy and use his master skills as a charmer to get a good look at the piece of jewelry.

He wanted to keep thinking though, about the glorious moment he caught Hermione masturbating in front of him that afternoon, but he didn't have time. He had to get in and get out before Aquila caught on to his little charade. He would, however, replay that memory later with Hermione. After all he did say she would be his dessert. And he wasn't lying. He was going to devour her, until she lost her voice from screaming his name.

Making his way over to the table Mrs. Malfoy sat at, he suddenly became nervous. She was surrounded by high class women, gossiping away about useless things. He had to come up with another plan to get close to her without the women being suspicious of his actions. Thinking he finally found a good way; Draco took a breath and interrupted the conversation.

"Excuse me ladies, I apologize for my very rude interruption, but I was wondering if I may speak to Mrs. Malfoy for a moment? I promise to return her as I found her." he grinned.

It seemed to have worked since the women all swooned over him and stood up. He subtly winked at a few as they passed by him, to give off the impression of interest, as he bowed his head in thanks. Most of the women knew he was 'married' but Draco knew that most females loved, if not craved, the attention of an attractive man. The flirting just added to his charm.

He turned back to the table and produced a wide, fake, smile at Aquila.

"What is it that you need to speak with me about Mr. Lovegood? You have interrupted a very important conversation." She asked with a stern look.

"Forgive me Mrs. Malfoy, I did not mean to interrupt your gathering. I have been trying to talk with you all day and this was the only time to do so. I wanted to acquire your opinion. Hermione has mentioned to me that you are somewhat of an expert in jewelry." He claimed politely.

"She is indeed correct." She perked up "Please, have a seat. How may I be of assistance you?"

Draco took the empty seat next to Aquila. He rested his arms on his legs and looked up at her.

"Well," he began "as you may know my wife and I do not have wedding rings."

"I took notice. Your wife has no knowledge of the things she should. A proper lady should know how to care for her jewelry. It is a shame. It makes me wonder if she really even comes from money. She sure does not portray it very well. I have also taken notice that you do not have a handmaiden either. Why is that? Your wife seemed a bit, off, when asked. I found it rather ill-mannered." she asked skeptically.

"I did not feel comfortable taking my parent's staff from them since they have been with them for so long. My wife also felt the same about her parent's staff. So we will hire new ones in America. As for the rings, we got married quickly, but that is a long tale for another time." he explained not really knowing another lie he could use to add to the faux story.

He saw her open her mouth to protest. He knew what she was going to ask, so thinking quickly he held up a hand to stop her.

"And before you ask, our parents approved and were present at the ceremony. I know you are a very traditional woman Mrs. Malfoy, my parents are as well. Just know that there was no scandal involved. My wife was not pregnant nor was she betrothed to another, and quite frankly, it is none of your business. I do not mean to be rude to a person of your stature; however I do not take kindly to being questioned the manner you are doing so now, nor do I take kindly to you insulting my wife. She is of pure blood and we do not need nor have asked for your permission."