Chapter 16- Realization

I don't normally do song selections but this song works so well with this chapter.

Song choice- If Only–Dove Cameron: 3 minutes and 49 seconds long. Starts when Hermione stands at the top of the stair case. Might be hard to listen and read at the same time. I wrote it and it was hard for me lol. I found it best to know what happens then listen to the song or vice versa. Up to you! : )

THIS CHAPTER IS ONLY HERMIONE'S POV

Chapter 16- Realization

Thursday, April 11th, 1912 06:20pm

*Flashback*

Hermione stared at Draco in bewilderment as he broke the seal on the envelope and read the parchment aloud.

Dear Draco Lovegood,

My handmaiden Susan; or as you may know her, Ms. Applegate, has told me a lot about you and your wife's interest in The Castle. My husband and I would love to meet you both. It is our honor to request your presence at dinner tonight. We shall meet you in the Reception Hall at 06:50pm and proceed to dinner at 07:00pm. We will be dining with Mr. J. Bruce Ismay, Chairman and Managing Director of the White Star Line, and Mr. Thomas Andrews, Naval Architect of RMS Titanic and her sister ship RMS Olympic. Please dress in your best. We look forward to your arrival.

Yours Sincerely,

Aquila Malfoy

'Hermione couldn't believe it. The Malfoy's had requested to meet them at dinner. This not only would give them the opportunity to find out more about Draco's ancestors but it would also aid them in figuring out how to get the second stone. If they could get close enough to the Malfoy's, like they have with Dimitra, then they are as good as gold. But something about the two men names in the letter bothered her. She recognized those names but couldn't place them. Never in her life has she forgotten something but she could feel she was close to figuring out the missing pieces. She was determined to remember, even if it killed her.'

*Flashback Ends*

Hermione stood at the top of the Grand Staircase and nervously played with her dress. She had told Draco to head out before her and meet her at the bottom of the stairs by 06:20pm. She wanted to finally walk down the remarkable architecture and she wanted to do it in style. He never saw the shimmering, royal blue, short-sleeved gown she picked out for him. Nor did he see her hair in soft waves, pinned up to the left side of her neck with a blue butterfly comb. She wanted to surprise him. And now here she was, standing on top of the grandest staircase she had ever seen, and was too nervous to walk down. She peered around the corner of the golden column and could see him facing away from the stairs, shaking hands with Robert Hoarse.

'He looked so handsome all dressed up. His all black attire made him stand out from everyone but at the same time, blend in. He looked comfortable in this era. It was almost like he belonged. Maybe she could stay here; with him...No...she had to go home. She had to be able to see her friends and her parents. She couldn't just abandon them.'

Leaning her back against the column, out of the sight of the people standing below her; Hermione took a deep breath and let it out slowly. She needed to gather all her courage, which somehow spilt all over the floor, and breathe.

'You can do this. Just take a step and go.'

Finally taking a step from her hiding spot, she paused when she saw Dimitra look up at her with a smile and wink, Dimitra placed a hand on Draco's wrist to stop his conversation and pointed with her eyes. He followed the path she was looking to the top of the stairs; his eyes landing on Hermione. The butterflies in her stomach fluttered so hard they threatened to break free through her skin.