Battle!

The next moments were tense.

A breath for a breath,

Step for a step,

A second for a second.

The air around Adrian and Camille cracked and smoked with vapor as the Golems slammed the ground.

Aphmau transformed over and held her sword out as Nebulae snapped his finger, a fire ball on the tip end.

The air around tense denser than honey if possible and on the other side, battle began.

Garroth and Katelyn stalked around the forest, plans of the border that separate Phoenix drop and the forest secured as a man jogged up to them, telling them that it was secure.

When they came to the area, they found some knights here and there but not the whole army. Katelyn suggested that it'll be better if they stay low.

Katelyn sighed tired as she was about to put her gunlets down, a wolf ran up to them.

Bloody and half burned, the wolf shifted back and quickly, Garroth tossed him some pants and he put it on.

As a human, he looked worse. He panted, taking in deep breath as both Garroth and Katelyn stared at him curiously.

"The border..."

That was all that Katelyn needed to hear before barking out orders for the men to move up.

Laurence and Travis stalked up the mountains, high above the ground. The warriors with them anxious and Laurence uncertain but Travis assured them that they had an advantage, quoting his mother "The best man is one who can wait and watch from high above."

They spotted the knights stationed not far from the central city of Ru'uan, wandering around and Travis smirked.

They had the higher point.

"You can still join me Aphmau. I still have space for you." Nebulae negotiated but their ears missed the plea in his voice.

"Not until hell freezes over Nebulae. You hurt my friends, now it's time for you to suffer." She growled, anger ripping through her as she gripped her sword.

They danced in a slow circle. A distance between them but both team moved like ying and yang. Not knowing when the other will attack.

In a flash, Camille and Adrian attacked; zipping through the air to attack Nebula but the Golems got in the way, blocking them off.

They turned to the side and stumbled, standing back on their feet as the Golems roared.

"I'll take on the Magma Cubes. Get him." Ryanmuttered darkly.

Aphmau masked her fear as her stomach twisted in a knob but she pushed the feeling down, nodding firmly as Ryan transformed.

Dark hair, golden eyes, his fingers extended to fangs as he smiled wickedly. He sprinted forward and knocking the Cubes away from Nebulae, leaving him exposed to Aphmau.

"You're hesitant." Nebulae said. Not asking but a stating a fact.

Aphmau dashed forward, hitting her sword across his chest knocking him back. He flew backwards until his back hit a tree, rattling it before he fell down.

"Alright! You're rocking Aphmau!" Ryan shouted as he punched through a Magma cube.

Nebulae got up, his eyes burning red as his skin paled and wings sprouted from his back; dark red wings as blood dripped off it.

"We'll play the way you want it then."

He dashed forward, too fast for Aphmau's eyes and knocked her backwards, sending her flying across the field.