Chapter 4

Few days later
"Settle down. Settle down. As you know we'll be having a transfer student in our class." A teacher of Kuoh Academy's Class 2B said. "Please come in." Asia walked in a bit clumsily wearing the uniform with a silver rosary around her neck, the teacher smiled and said,"Could you introduce yourself?" Asia nodded,"Ah, My name is Asia Argento, I've recently shifted here from the Vatican with my guardian, please take care of me." Teacher nodded and said,"Any questions?" A few raised hands, when the teacher called on a boy, he asked,"Do you like anyone here?" Asia blushed a bit and said,"Ise-san" As there was a uproar, a girl asked,"Why the leacher?" Asia turned red and said,"He held off some kidnappers till my guardian arrived a few days ago. And before that he helped me find my home, even though it was night." The teacher looked as Issei in a new light, and said,"Wow Issei, You're a nice boy when you're not acting perverted. Why don't you try to act nice in school from now on, huh?" As a few girls laughed at such a possibility, the rest looked at him calculatingly as he hid his face of embarrassment. The teacher then said,"Asia-san, you can sit beside him if you want." After everyone was settled down, she said,"Mr. Takimura, has resigned due to a family affair because of which he had to shift to Kyoto. So you'll be getting a new English teacher, he'll also be teaching Religion as a optional topic. You can come in Mr. Hadeon" Rahab strolled in with a register and a few books under his hand wearing a tight formal suit and a silver rosary around his neck, giving off a expensive tutor vibe. He tipped his head and said,"I'm Cadmus Hadeon, I'll be your English and if opted Religion teacher for you. I've recently shifted from the Vatican." A boy raised his hand, as Cadmus nodded, he asked,"You're Asia-san's guardian?" Cadmus nodded,"Yes. And before anyone asks, yes Issei-san did hold of kidnappers." A girl with a creepy smile asked,"Are you single, sir?" Cadmus chuckled,"I'm a celibate." The female homeroom teacher deflated with a few other girls,"And here goes our hopes and dreams." Resulting in a few more chuckles.

When the break bell rang, he walked to the Student council room and knocked, when a 'come in' sounded from inside, he opened the door, seeing only students, he locked the door behind him and said towards the girl doing some paperwork,"Sona Sitri." Everyone froze, but stayed working and the girl said,"I'm Souna Shitori." He chuckled,"You're Sona Sitri, sister of the current Leviathan." Sona looked up straight,"And you are?" He smiled,"Rahab. Angel of Deep and Abyss." As everyone surrounded him with their weapon, he released his wings,"I'm sure there's no need for hostilities." Sona had them back off, facing a Cherub wasn't a good idea at any case. He motioned to the chair in front of the set chessboard,"Could we?" Sona stiffly nodded and changed her seat, and Rahab sat down. As Sona made the first move
*Click* *Click*
She asked stiffly,"So what does the church want in the Devil territory."
*Click* *Click*
He chuckled,"I'm not allied to the church, my last interaction ended in me killing a pope"
*Click* *Click*
Sona stiffened,"You're not fallen?"
*Click* *Click*
He sadly smiled,"I was a member of the original 20 Grigori."
*Click* *Click*
Sona curiously asked,"But you're a pure angel now"
*Click* *Click*
He looked at the ceiling for a second and said,"In a sense. I gave myself up to Father a few days after my fall and was then, locked up somewhere in the brine abyss."
*Click* *Click*
He continued,"A few years ago, I was released by a child, whose family was given the key to my repentance area."
*Click* *Click*
Sona said flatly,"Prison, you mean?"
*Click* *Click*
He smiled,"No, it wasn't one to me, my binds were broken thousands of years back, I just... didn't leave."
*Click* *Click*
"Somewhere along the way Father forgave me, I don't know when."
*Click* *Click*
Sona nodded,"Then, what interests do you have in Kuoh?"
*Click* *Click*
He smiled,"Just Peace."
*Click* *Click*
Sona looked in his eyes then sighed,"You angels can't speak a lie, so trouble some."
*Click* *Click*
He chuckled,"We can, it just doesn't suit us, so we don't. And I believe that's checkmate."
Sona looked at the board then at him then again at the board, he chuckled and said as there was a knock on the door,"Don't worry, you play very nicely. A game is a game, it shouldn't be treated like a real battle, so don't take it to heart. I should return to the staff room. You can ask for help if you ever need."