Chapter 20

Rahab was currently standing outside the Lucifuge manor. He was tense but his anger had dampened it. He knocked on the huge doors twice and waited. After a minute the door was opened by Arabella who on seeing him opened the door and asked politely,"Lord Rahab, your purpose of visit?" Rahab locked eyes with her and said in a calm tone,"Matter of life and death. Kindly lead me to Lady Lilith." Arabella looked at him for a second then said,"Follow me." As they went up the elevator, Bell asked,"How much time are you able to wait?" Rahab gave her a flat look that made her quite nervous,"Seconds." Bell lead him to the office door and knocked,"My lady, Lord Rahab has come." After a few seconds Lilith's voice came from the other side,"Send him in." As Rahab entered he saw Serafall Leviathan looking at him with distrust, while Lilith looked passive. He kneeled in front of Lilith on instinct and said in a tone that left little to imagination about his mental state,"My Lady. I apologize that this meeting couldn't be under better circumstances." Lilith looked at him with a raised eyebrow as Serafall looked in wonder at the Cherubim kneeling; Lilith asked curiously,"Rise Rahab. I told you, you can call me by my name. What brings you here?" Rahab stood and looked at Serafall for a second before locking eyes with Lilith,"A battalion of Angels will attack and destroy an entire Devil owned island in less than a hour. It is under my orders and any devils who go to rescue them will be eradicated." As Serafall looked at him in dumb shock, Lilith looked at him calmly,"And your reason for being here?" Rahab didn't look intimidated in the least and said neutrally,"You will sign those attack orders." Serafall made a ice spear in anger,"Who do you think you are to ask that?!" Rahab looked at her with a chilling glare that unnerved her,"Do not say a word Serafall Leviathan, I am very close to obliterating something, do not try to get in my cross hairs." Rahab threw the copied book on Lilith's desk and said,"Your evidence for what I'm doing. Amaterasu asks for your help because she doesn't trust Sirzechs Gremory." As Lilith picked up the book and went through it, Serafall asked neutrally this time,"What has the situation deteriorated to for the Angels to attack devils in such a manner?" Rahab considered her for a few seconds and said,"If that book gets released, forget the alliance with Yokai, they will openly revolt against you. That fragile peace will shatter and the Angels will ally ourselves with the Shinto and Yokai. The things you devils have done are so..." Lilith interrupted him,"That will be enough, Rahab." Rahab stopped and nodded,"My Lady. Michael is soft, he won't openly attack devils. Me, Uriel and Raphael have outvoted him. This will be done. I will not let children be used as cattle and experiments." Serafall's response died in her throat as he ended his sentence, and she sat back down cradling her head. She responded weakly,"If Lady Lilith signs. I will as well." Lilith looked at her and nodded keeping her emotions in check.

As a few minutes went by, Lilith closed the book and said calmly, though her tone implied incoming pain for someone,"Rahab, if what is written is indeed the truth. Burn it all. Kill everyone who stands in your way. I will spearhead the onslaught that will fall on the elder council. If any devil is present there its a free kill to the angels. But promise me this, that research won't see the light of day." Rahab gave a nod, took his phone and called Raphael. When he picked up, Rahab muttered ominously,"You are cleared to attack. Kill every devil and save every child." As he cut the call Lilith looked at him and asked,"You're troubled still." Rahab ran a hand through his hair,"You know me better than most, my lady. I worry." Lilith gave a small giggle,"That you do. How are your injuries?" Rahab nodded slightly,"Recovery is ongoing. It didn't help that I came in contact with Samael's blood." Lilith narrowed his eyes at him,"Why?" Rahab smiled weakly,"My old duties." Lilith looked displeased,"That was a punishment." Rahab nodded,"But a duty nonetheless."

Lilith looked at Serafall for a second and said,"You say Amaterasu didn't trust Sirzechs?" Rahab asked for a seat which Lilith accepted then he spoke as he leaned back,"Kuroka is in contact with Azazel, I think. And she was nearby when we went to Kyoto today. That book was given by her." Lilith nodded, then said after consideration,"I see. You think they will retaliate, considering we kidnapped half the Nekoshou clan." Serafall's eyes widened as Rahab sighed,"Amaterasu is not the hyperactive little child I remember. She may as well be different." Lilith sighed as he passed a cup of tea with some magic,"So you can't say. What about Michael?" Rahab got a mischievous glint in his eye as he said,"Alas he too busy fathering his child." Lilith raised a eyebrow as Serafall almost did a spit-take. Serafall asked in a bouncy attitude,"Oh! Who got his attention?" Rahab shook his head in a exaggerated manner,"That I can't say." Lilith gave a cough and said,"Cease your childish attitude and jokes, Rahabel." Rahab sighed and said,"Michael has become stressed. He forgets that Father wasn't soft. I needed to kill a Pope, to get the point across that Angels aren't the servants of humans."