chapter two

mars (matty) - 3rd september 2018

j looked so gorgeous. even while she swore and screamed because she burnt her finger when she was cooking us pasta. green hair looked great on her.

"poor baby. let me see," i cooed mockingly. she stomped over to me, her bottom lip out slightly.

"fuck. why does it hurt so much?!" she moaned. i didn't like seeing her sad.

i pecked kisses all over the small burn and her mouth instantly turned into a mischievous smirk.

"thanks daddy," she teased. i flicked her head playfully. she bounced away happily, stirred the pasta and put nirvana on.

she looked like a right rocker, head banging away to smells like teen spirit in nothing but her bright orange underwear.

"come on mars," she pleaded, pulling on my hand.

"you're a right mosher you," i joked. i joined in though. be rude not to.

i think it's sad that we'll never get to see kurt cobain live. i think it's sad that all the best ones die.

after too much time spent dancing, we finally sit down and eat our, now cold, pasta. we seem to always end up dancing for too long, it makes us forget about everything.

"i'm bored," jupiter declared. it was only nine at night after all.

"yeah," i thought for a minute. "same."

she sighed heavily. "what can we do?"

i shrugged. "duno. 'av a party?" i joked.

her eyes lit up. "aw yeah! shall we do it mars?loads of people will come!" she exclaimed.

"do what you want j. i don't mind," i said lazily. "i'll get the lads round too."

she smirked. "tell them to bring stuff."

i nodded. we don't do it all the time, we drink but we're not always off our heads. we, mostly i, learnt the hard way that you don't need it. but one won't hurt.

"actually shall we just 'av george and that round. don't really fancy seeing any of my mates," jupiter said softly. she'd always found it hard keeping friends, especially friends that are girls.

s'pose that's what she's always with me, 'cause we're best friends. she gets along with my mates well though.

"alright. whatever you want," i say nicely. if she's happy, i'm happy.

i go to look for my phone but remember it's on the bathroom floor, dead.

"text the boys for me j. phones dead," she nods her head and quickly texts them.

jupiter then stands up, stretches her arms, runs her fingers through her damp hair and yawns. "we should probably get dressed," she laughs, looking down at her bra and knickers and my boxers.

"come on then," i sigh. good job i keep most my clothes here.

i pull on my black ripped jeans and a floral shirt.

"don't button it up," jupiter says watching me. i grin.

"whatever you say gok."

she laughs them stands up to get ready herself. i watch her as she just puts a bit of hairspray through her green, wavy hair and drowns her lips in strawberry carmex. she doesn't bother with makeup. she then drowns her body in perfume, it's a beautiful perfume. vanilla, her signature smell.

she sticks her head in her wardrobe and emerges with a few outfit choices.

"which one?" she asks.

the selection is out of a tiny black dress, an oversized shirt of van goughs sunflower painting, a vintage pink floyd shirt or one of my plain shirts.

"sunflower one. go nice with your hair," i say.

she pulls on the ends of her hair, as if she forgot it was green. "you think? thanks gok!" she grins.

i watch her pull it over her head. it comes just below her bum, but if you know jupiter then you know that it's very rare she'll wear pants. the boys are used to it so she doesn't care about the fact that her orange knickers are showing.

we have about half an hour left to spare, so she jumps on the bed next to me.

"look like we're turning into the hulk or sumit," she laughs, tangling our green fingers together. she always wears a ring on every finger apart from her wedding one. 'i never ever ever ever want a ring on this finger' she tells me all the time. 'well unless it's from kurt cobain' she'd always add because she knows that's impossible.

"might be. could be aliens," i joke. she strokes my fingernail softly.

"let me paint 'em mars," she smiles.

"do what you want j," i say. i'd let jupiter get away with murder in case you hadn't noticed.

her eyes light up and she jumps back off the bed and over to her little collection.

"pink?" she says, almost mischievously.

"if you want love."