Prologue

*13 Years In The Past*

5 years old Faith stared at the kids around her playing amongst each other as she sat on a bench. Her mother walked over towards her with a bag full of books and herbs. She gently grabbed Faith's hand and pulled her off of the bench.

"Mommy, can I go play with my friends?" She asked her mother innocently.

Her mother glanced down at her and gave her a little smile. "Not today sweetheart, you know your father is waiting for you." She explained.

Faith sighed annoyed. "But it will only be a little while. Please. Please. Please." She begged, pulling her mother's hand.

"Not today, Faith!" Her mother replied sternly. "And that's the last time I'm going to say it."

Faith pouted silently.

She hated the fact that she was different than all of her friends. Girls her age were out playing outside or was in doors playing with their dolls, but Faith had to practice with her father. And it's all because she discovered her ability to air bend at such a young age. Her father was thrilled when he got the news, his little girl was strong after all.

Faith and her mother approached their home in silence. They made their way to the front door and walked inside. They were greeted by Faith's father.

"Faith." He spoke with a smile. "Let's go."

Faith stomped her feet and crossed her arms across her chest, with anger evident on her face.

"Faith we've talked about this." He spoke softly.

"Daddy, I don't like to practice! I hate this power!" She yelled in her small little voice.

Faith's father looked at her with a serious look. "Come, it's time for another talk." He said as he grabbed her hand and pulled her into the family room. He placed her on his lap and looked at her with a hint of worry.

"What have I told you about our family before?" He asked.

Faith sighed. "That we are a very powerful family and our abilities make us unique."

Faith's father nodded. "And what have I told you about practicing?"

"That practicing makes us stronger and in control...but daddy practicing is boring." Faith protested.

"Our family is one of the few that's blessed with these miraculous abilities we possess. My father taught me to use my powers for good and I plan to do the same with you." He said ignoring her complaining.

"You see when I was a boy I also didn't like practicing." Her father admitted.

Faith looked at him with her big brown eyes. "You didn't?" She asked surprised.

Faith's father shook his head. He placed both of her little brown hands in his."No, i didn't. But when a horrible man came and hurt my parents very badly, I had to try to stop him. Being that I'm able to mess with people's heads to make them believe they are in pain, he couldn't do anything to hurt me. My father had taught me how to strengthen my mental ability every day. It was at that moment where I started to appreciate practicing, because had I not been able to control my powers I wouldn't have been able to save my parents."

Faith stared at her father amazed. She couldn't believe that he was able to save his parents lives just because he practiced every day.

"I don't want you to start appreciating getting stronger because you almost lost someone you cared about or your own life. I want you to practice because your power is a gift. You are stronger than most people Faith and I want you to use your gift for good, to help the innocent civilians around you. Just like my parents, other people may not have the capability to fend for themselves. You understand?"

Faith nodded.

"Good. You are out to save the world Faith, remember that whenever you are practicing. It should help motivate you." Her father told her as he kissed her forehead.

"I love you, Daddy."

"I love you too, Faith. Now come, it's time to practice."