Chapter 7- Unwanted Guest

As the night progressed the sky became darker and the brilliant stars danced across the heavens. Everyone was sent to bed and locked away in their own private room. Akakios was lying on the couch, with his arms behind his head. He stared up at the ceiling, finding sleep impossible to do at the moment. As he closed his eyes, trying yet again to relax his body and drift off to sleep, he heard a soft voice singing a song in the air.

He quickly opened his eyes and stood up. He went around the cottage in search of anything that could be playing music. But he found nothing. "Who in their right minds would be singing so loudly at this time of night?" He asked himself.

He grabbed his jacket and headed out the front door, hoping to make sense of the mess. He started back on the trail to the village but was stopped when he felt someone in his presence. "What do you want Faith?" Akakios asked without turning around to face her.

"How did you know it was me?" She asked ignoring his question.

Akakios turned on his heels and approached her. "I'm a demon, my senses are stronger than yours." He reminded her. "Now what do you want?"

Faith sighed. "Don't you hear it?" She asked raising her hands in the air to refer to the singing. "It's the demon."

Akakios's eyes widened when he caught on to what Faith was saying. "So there really is a demon?" He thought to himself. He glanced at Faith with fury in his eyes. "Let's go see what we are dealing with."

He started his way back to the village. He could hear Faith's footsteps as she followed him. The closer he got to the village the louder the singing became. He saw groups of men coming from different directions, merging together and forming a line down a pathway.

"The demon must be that way." Akakios whispered. He followed the men down the pathway with Faith on his trail. The crowd of men lead them to an abandoned bar. The windows were cracked and the wood on the building looked as though they could split at any second. The color of the building was fading and the floor boards creaked as each man made his way inside.

Akakios turned towards Faith. "Stay here." He whispered.

"What!? For what?"

"To keep watch." He said in a rush.

"What was the point of me tagging along if all I was going to do was 'keep watch'?" She asked, annoyingly saying the words keep watch in a weird voice.

Akakios rolled his eyes and made his way inside. He didn't have time to argue. As he weaved through the group of men who were too hypnotized to know what their fate held, he was greeted by the smell of death. Before him lied piles of dead human corpses and men who continued to walk towards the demon who's voice possessed them.

Akakios pushed his way to the front to find a female demon sitting at the edge of the bar, singing her tunes to her next victim. She held his face in her hands and softly dug her claws into his face, as she stared deeply into his eyes. Akakios watched with admiration as he saw her gracefully sink her fangs into his neck and feast on him to satisfy her hunger.

He watched as the body dropped to the floor lifeless and a smile crept across the demon's face. She wiped the blood from around her mouth and lifted her head to get a better view at her next prey. It was then she spotted Akakios and her smile widened.

She got off of the bar and started walking towards him. Her hair was dark violet and her eyes were red, her skin was pale. She wore a long black dress that flowed to the ground and trailed behind her as she walked. She had two small horns set upon her head and she held a long staff that she uses to summon other creatures from the dead.