Chapter 3- Betrayal

The next day Faith awoke in her bed. She realized that she never changed out of her clothes. It is very common for Faith to be tired after practicing with her father, but to be extremely exhausted is out of the ordinary. That walk she had with Akakios was not only terrifying but also long. 

Faith got out of bed and started her way towards her restroom. She quickly heated up some water and climbed into the tub letting the heat soothe her body and relax her. Quickly all of her worries seemed to melt away. She lathered her body with soap and rinsed off. 

After Faith took her bath she wrapped her body in a towel and walked into her bedroom. She approached her closet and pulled out a short sleeved, long peach, lace dress as well as short peach heels. Faith quickly got dressed and grabbed a dark brown cross over the shoulder bag. She tied her long dark brown hair into a neat up do and before leaving her room she quickly put two throwing darts the shape of stars into her bag. She needed them just in case Akakios tried anything funny.

Faith hurried down the stairs and hurried out the back door before her parents could stop her. She went through a few short cuts, trailing down a couple paths and climbing some steep hills in order to get to the River before dawn break.

By the time she made it to the river the skies were just beginning to lighten up. She sat on the green grass beneath her and stared at the beautiful blue water of the river. She looked around to see if Akakios was near but she didn't see him. A wave of disappointment swam through Faith's veins.

Unhappy, Faith rose and dusted herself off."He's not coming." She thought. She turned around and started walking away from the river. She came across a couple of trees, their large branches and numerous amounts of leaves created quite enough shadow to make it hard for her to see. This wasn't far from the river; in fact it was only about 50 feet away. The minute she walked into the dark shadows, an arm grabbed her keeping her from walking any further.

"Where do you think you're going?" Asked Akakios.

Akakios stepped out of the shadows letting the sun hit his skin. He had a serious look on his face, and his dark eyes stared at Faith as he waited for an answer. Faith managed to get out of his grip and crossed her arms across her chest.

"Oh, so you did show up." She said, ignoring his question.

Akakios rolled his eyes and started to approach the river. Faith followed after him, she grasped onto her bag, feeling a bit uneasy. Akakios stopped once he got an inch from the water, he put his hands in his black jacket pocket. There he goes wearing all black once again, but today he wore a black fedora, black long jacket that stopped a bit below his waist, black pants and black shoes. Faith examined him from a far and stood a couple feet away. Distance was a good thing.

"Are you alone?" Akakios asked.

"I told you I would be."

"Did you bring anything with you?"

"I should ask you the same question."

He turned and glanced at Faith. He smiled showing off his small fangs. "Are you saying, you don't trust me?"

"That's exactly what I'm saying."

Akakios laughed a deep laugh. "Smart girl." At that point he pulled out a small dagger from his jacket pocket and threw it on the grass.

Glancing at the weapon that lay upon the ground, Faith asked "Is that all?"

"That is all I would've needed to kill you, if it would've gotten to that point."

Faith rolled her eyes.

"So now it's your turn. Put your weapons on the ground."

"Are you saying you don't trust me?" Faith mocked.