Chapter 4- Put Back The Jewel

As Akakios and Faith left Faith's home she couldn't help but look back before she got too far away. She just needed one last look before she left her home for good. They made their way done the dirt roads and ignored the stares they were getting from people. They didn't speak to each other, in fact Akakios could sense how upset Faith was at the moment and he knew that she was feeling very hurt. He may be cold-hearted but he had his limits.

"So you're not going to say anything?" Faith asked, her voice carrying into the uneasy air.

"There is nothing to say. I saw what happened and I apologize."

Faith glanced up at Akakios in shock; she shook her head then bowed her head in shame. "There's no need for that."

Feeling a bit uncomfortable Akakios asked, "So where are we going?"

Faith looked at her surroundings, she finally realized that she was going in the direction of her grandmother's house. At first she didn't know where she was going, she just let her feet take her anywhere, if anything she thought that Akakios would be the one leading the way especially being he was the one who wanted to take this journey in the first place.

After walking for what felt like forever, they came across Faiths grandmother's house. There it stood its brown roof and tan painted walls. It wasn't a very big house but at the same time it wasn't very small, it fulfilled its purpose of providing a roof over Faith's grandparents' heads, as well as their children.  Faith walked up to the front door and knocked on the door.

Faith's grandmother answered the door. She wore a long burgundy dress and had her medium length, grey hair hanging, stopping at her chin. Her brown skin popped out against the burgundy and her dark brown eyes stared at Faith with joy.

"Faith baby, come in here!" She yelled.

Faith managed to show a smile, despite how she really felt. She walked inside with no hesitation. The house smelled of different mixes of spices and the warmth comforted Faith. It made her feel a bit at peace. Her grandmother observed her outside surroundings before she closed the door, she noticed Akakios standing a good distance away.

"Come in." She said, referring to Akakios.

He walked in the front door, and approached Faith.

"We cannot make personal stops; it will only slow us down." He whispered.

"It will only take a minute."

"So would you two like some tea?" Faith's grandmother asked as she walked passed them. She gave Faith a certain look.

"Yes, please."

Akakios smacked his teeth in impatience. Faith ignored him and followed her grandmother into the kitchen. She sat down at the kitchen table. Her grandmother poured her a cup of tea and joined her at the table.

"Sorry for dropping by like this." Faith apologized.

"Honey you know you are always welcomed."

"I just needed to see you."

"For?"

"Daddy, banned me from the house.'

Her grandmother shook her head. "He was always stubborn."

Faith started playing with her cup of tea. She could feel the tears build up in her eyes. "I just can't believe it you know." She said, her voice quivering.

"I knew something was bothering you from the looks in your eyes. What happened?"

"He got upset because I am helping Akakios."