Not Really A One Night Stand: Part 2

A Fun Night?

As Anika's sleep finally began to evade her, strong pain hit her in the head. Groaning, her right hand flew to her forehead, pressing roughly.

"Ugh, how did I drink so much last night?"

It was in slow bits of memories that last night came to her. Daksh and the girl at the bar, thanking Shivaay, walking to Gauri's place, the rain, the bus stop. She stopped. Not because she couldn't remember but because she remembered everything in graphic detail.

Her eyes flew open, horrified at her drunken self. Not because she finally lost her v-card but because she lost it to the most insufferable jerk she had come across in a long time. God Anika, could you have thought a bit about your self-respect. How are you ever going to face his smug looks?

Then, she grew aware. Of his peaceful breathing on her neck. Of how his leg was on top of her one leg and then below the other, tangled. Of how his hand went around her bare waist, fingers slightly moving and caressing it, even in his sleep.

Anika gulped and cried out silently. When she felt him move, she did the first thing she could think of. Shut her eyes and pretended to be asleep. She hardly knew how she was supposed to react.

When his face shifted and she could feel him hovering over her, she almost caught her breath. No Anika, behave normal, pretend to be sleeping. Avoid conversation for as long as you can.

He went still and Anika wondered how he was reacting to seeing her naked in his bed. Happy, that he won the bet? Smug? Victorious because I was so easy?

Instead, she felt his fingers caress her cheek lightly. "God, she looks even more beautiful in the daylight, if that were possible."

Anika was surprised. She definitely didn't expect that.

She felt her cheeks heat up and prayed to God that it wasn't visible. She usually didn't blush easy but something about the heat from her cheeks made it obvious, even to her, that she was red in the face.

He removed his hands from over her. Anika concentrated only to hear him move and walk away. She frowned. Very lightly, she opened her eyes, only to find him coming back. Shutting them, she turned to the other side.

"I know you are awake Anika."

Anika's eyes flew open, wondering how. She awkwardly shifted and turned around, very slowly. They had to talk, obviously.

When her eyes found him, she could only wonder how he looked so good right now, early in the morning. She was also thankful that he was in his pants. But not his shirt. Shut up Anika!

Her hair wasn't sticking out, was it? She raised her hand to touch them and probably pat them to look decent at least, only to find the duvet shifting down. Grasping it, she covered herself again, looking at Shivaay awkwardly.

He chuckled. Anika could make out it wasn't the full blown laugh like the past days. Something was wrong. Clearing her head, she sighed. Stop over thinking Anika, you hardly know him.

And yet, you are in his bed after a very happening night. A part of her sneered.

"Good morning." she began. Well, some conversation is better than the awkward silence.

Shivaay looked at her in amusement.

"I am saving us from this conversation for now. You can go freshen up and I'll freshen up in the other bathroom."

Anika only nodded, and looked at him expectantly. When she didn't move, Shivaay raised an eyebrow.

"What?"