A Christmas 'Crisis': Part 1

A Christmas 'Crisis' - Part One

Life was good for Anika. Considerably. She had a job in Mumbai's biggest firms, her family back in Nasik was proud of her and she had no drama in her life. Almost.

As if he knew she was thinking about him, Shivaay Singh Oberoi walked in. Sighing to herself, she followed him to her boss' cabin.

Anika worked under Aditya Bhatia but for her current project, she had to work under Shivaay and report back to Aditya of the details and developments in this project. It was funny, really, that both Anika and Shivaay were from the same university and three years from then, she had to work under his snobbish ass.

When the men saw her enter the cabin, Aditya smiled and turned to Shivaay again, indulged in some conversation. Anika stood some distance from them, waiting to be told about how she had done in the last three weeks. She got busy in her thoughts, eventually spacing out from their conversation.

She wondered if Shivaay even remembered they were from the same university. He had shown no signs that he did, except that first time when he had looked at her in what she liked to label as shock. After that, he had the same constipated, expressionless face whenever he talked to her. It was weird because if they weren't all by themselves, he woukd have at least frownlines on his forehead.

He was handsome. Really really handsome and Anika could remember how her friend Mallika had dated him for a while but they had broken off because Shivaay didn't want to invest in a relationship. When they were finally not together, Anika had let herself accept how she might have a teeny tiny crush on him. It was all in the past, of course, but Anika did feel bad when he didn't recognize her at all. At least he could remember her as his ex's close friend.

She came out of her thouughts when Shivaay snapped his fingers in front of her. Anika looked at him with wide eyes as she realised that he was standing in front of her. Stupid Anika, why do you have to zone out.

"Sorry Sir, you were saying?"

"Anika, Shivaay is very impressed with your work."

Anika raised an eyebrow at him. That was not what he was saying to her two days ago when they had gotten into yet another argument and she had thrown a glass of water on hin before storming out of the office.

Anika gulped and looked at Shivaay gratefully. He looked away haughtily making Anika frown.

"So, this is your last week of working with him and then we sign this deal on 24th. Good luck to both of you. Now if you will excuse me, I have my girlfriend waiting outside."

Anika smiled widely and gladly walked out. She loved Aditya and his girlfriend Tara. They were absolutely adorable together and she could totally see them getting married.

Then, processing the first half of his statement, she turned to look at Shivaay. Only one more week and she will not have to see him anymore. She saw him looking at her, turning away the moment he caught her eyes.

Anika walked away, ready to go home and indulge in some relaxation. Monday marks the beginning of her last week with SSO. She could at least try and train herself to not get into arguments with him.

When she had wrapped up stuff from her desk and reached the parking lot, only to find Shivaay standing there, leaning against his car, busy in his phone.

She shrugged and began walking towards her scooty, her bright yellow Champa that Shivaay hated with passion. Stop making everything about him!

"Anika!" she heard him call out and turned almost immediately. She looked at him with raised eyebrows, avoiding the fact that he had called her Anika and not Ms. Trivedi like he usually did.