Chapter Two-

I stand there uncomfortably and annoyed as the seamstresses take their sweet time to size me and prepare my dress.  I assume they have nothing that's making them hurry. But that doesn't mean I don't.
    "Lady (y/n) hold still." One of them says while trying to stick a pin in the fabric.
     "Please remind me why it is I need a new dress for this. It's not like it's my coronation." I say, in an obviously annoyed tone.
     "Because everyone is receiving new clothes for this ceremony. And it was instructed that you should too."
      I roll my eyes and sigh deeply. This is not how I wanted to spend one of my own free days. I watch as the workers run around in formation like carpenter ants.
"Well can I at least take a break? I have been standing like this for a while. I am not a statute." I say probably more rude that I intended considering the looks they gave me in return.
Just then my bedroom door opens and in steps Loki. "May I have a word with Miss (y/n) please?" He asks. The maids nod and go back to their work.
He looks up at me and shakes his head playfully while rolling his eyes.
"Alone. May I have her, alone?" He interjects. They this time nod and all leave the room without any of them making actual eye contact.
Once they all leave I let out a small laugh. He just smirks in return.
"Oh goodness I thought they'd never leave!" I whine, "I always hate doing that."

"As do I."

"Anyways. What did you need to talk to me about?" I ask stepping down from my stool and sitting into my bed.
"Well actually I was hoping you'd come with me somewhere." He says.

"Go with you where? It's not like we haven't been everywhere."

"I do not care where. Is it so much for me to just request your presence?" He asks getting me to smile.
"Of course not. I was only just wondering." I say. He moves closer to me and crouches down so that he's just a couple centimeters apart.
"Well then you will probably want to put on more clothes. Considering you are only half dressed." He whispers in my ear, giving me goosebumps.
My face reddens as I look down and remember that I in fact, am wearing only about half the acceptable amount of clothing.
"Oh my— Loki Leave!" I say as I stand up and push him out the door anxiously. He starts to laugh as I open up the door and shove him through it.
"Hey I never said I was bothered by it!" He says as I slam the door shut.
I run over to my dresser and pull out something else to put on. Anything is better than this stupid unfinished dress.

    As soon as I had put something else on I slipped out of my room, not expecting Loki to be on the other side of the door.
    "Well I see you've decided to change then." He said jokingly. I jump slightly, while I turn to face him.
     "How about you shut up." I shoot back. He just lets it pass as if I hadn't said anything at all.
     "Anyways, I've been thinking about what you said."

"Ohh Yes. That thing. Yes, very specific Loki." I say sarcastically. "Which thing?"

"When you said that you really only need one person. One person to realize your greatness. And one person to be there for you." He says.
I feel a small fluttering form in the bottom of my stomach as he says the last part.
"Really? What about it?" I ask.

"I realized what you were inferring when you said that."

"Uh— I wasn't inferring anything."

"(Y/n), what if you too were to become more recognized? What if both of us, together—" I cut him off by turning and putting my hand on his arm.
"What are you getting at?" I am a bit confused at where he was going with this. Yet, a bit intrigued.
"I am saying, what if you and I claimed more attention. Both of us. We deserve just as much praise as my brother, if not more—"