Chapter Six-

It should be feel like one, but does. Only being allowed in my own room, not to have anyone to talk to or anything to do. My own room feels like a prison. One I am not allowed to leave at my own say. I know I can leave freely at my own liking. But I cannot without having multiple people bickering as I walk by.
     I haven't had the chance to look at myself in the mirror recently. Or I guess I should say I haven't wanted to.  The attack hadn't been too long ago so it shouldn't be that much of a shocker. But I am afraid of what I will see once I see it. I know I have bandages over where my burns should be but that doesn't stop me from worrying about my bruises everywhere else.
     Appearance shouldn't mean much to me. But it is the appearance of being weak is what I am most afraid of.
     "If I have to spend another minute in this solitude  I might just stab myself!" I yell as I pick up a pillow with my single hand and throw it at my bedroom door.
It fell to the floor with a soft plush sound. I was losing patience and I wanted to throw something more than just a pillow. Here I was alone and having nothing to do but worry about where my friends are and what they are doing.  Not to mention I am standing here with an arm that is rendered almost completely useless for the time being and burns up my shoulder and neck.
     "I have to get out. I dong care what anyone else says this is madness," I walk passed my dresser and allow my hand to graze across the surface before stopping.  I freeze and look down at what it was my hand had landed on.
     I take a step back as I take a second to admire the object in my hand. I pick it up carefully, not allowing my hands to destroy its delicate parchment like leaves.

     ~•Flashback to a few years back•~

     "I absolutely love this time of year." I say as I lay on the ground covered by golden leaves and fallen blossoms. "Even though it doesn't really change much."
    I let out a soft, breath like giggle before looking back at Loki and smiling. "You're being awfully quiet today, you know that?" I ask.
   He looks up from his book, scooting up closer to the tree he sat on.
   "Sorry about that— I have just been thinking— a lot."

   "About what?" I ask. He looks up at the tree leaves and bites his lower lip. As if deciding whether or not to say.
    "Do you think I am odd..?" He finally says closing his book and putting it down. "As in, different from everyone else. But not in the good way."
    I am a bit taken aback by the question at first, not sure how to respond. I feel stricken in my spot. As if words are failing me.
   "Loki everyone is different." I try to say.

    "That is not what I mean. I am different and you know it. I want to hear you say it." He tells me.

    I sigh as I stand up and walk over to him. I take a seat in front of the old tree next to him and cross my legs.
    "You are different. But not in the bad way. I mean sure you are a bit violent at times but everyone gets that way— especially with siblings. But I would never place you as bad or trouble." I tell him honestly.
    He shakes his head as is that's not what he wanted to hear. "No. No that's not what I am getting at. I'm not bad— at least I don't think I am, but I'm not like you. I don't think like you, or do things like you. Not to mention I'm taller than you—"
     "You're basing this off of height? Loki you are a boy. You are supposed to be taller than me." I laugh.
     "No, you're not getting me—" he tells me now getting upset. "I don't belong here. Don't I? I don't belong with you or my family. I am not like any of you. I am different-- strange. And I will never be like you. Never act like you-- never feel like one of you. And I don't know how to explain it-- you don't understand--"

     "No I think I understand just fine." I say, taking my hand and placing it on his cheek, making him look at me. "You are going through something but you don't know what. Whether it be self consciousness or just curiosity or even being scared deep inside-- but I am afraid I am not good at trying to be a good help. And for that I am sorry."
    He takes my hand in his before holding it there in front of us. "No need to be sorry. I put all this upon you with no warning. You have no need to be apologizing to me. It is I who should be apologizing to you."
     I smile as I feel myself scoot in nearer to him, allowing myself to get closer. He does the same and by now our faces are just a space apart, noses just barely touching.
     I feel his breath tickle my bottom lip before he inches in just a bit closer when— snap! We whip around to where we had heard a twig snap but saw nothing.
    "What was that?" I ask looking back at him.