Chapter Five-

*flashback*

    The sky was painted a variety of oranges and purples and pinks as the day turned to night on Asgard.
The palace was growing less and less busy as the maids and guards readied for nighttime. All was calm, all except the handful of maids that were chasing down the two princes and a girl with them.
"(Y/n) this way!" Young Loki shouts, tugging my arm around the corner. "Hurry or they'll catch you!"
"Loki you're going too fast! I can't catch up!" I say as I attempt to keep up with him. He faces me while running and smiles, only to turn back around.
    "Under here!" He says ducking under a table and pulling me down with him. I glance over at him, who is smiling mischievously. He looks over at me and brings a finger to his lips. As if to tell me to keep quiet.
     "Where's Thor?" I whisper as quietly as I could. He just smirks.

     "Probably tattling on us since he couldn't keep up with us." He laughs.

     "Loki, don't you think what you did this time was a bit...I don't know, too far?" I ask.

     "Too far? Why would you say such things?" He asks while looking out from under the table.

    I pull him back under and force him to look at me. He smirks once again,"what?"
    "Loki you stabbed Thor! That's not a normal thing brothers do to each other!"
     He lets out a loud laugh that was good enough as to give us away. "That's normal, for us anyways."

    "No Loki! That's normal for you! You can't keep harassing him like this! It's not fair towards him." I say placing my hand on his cheek.
    He flicks my hand away and scoots away from me, "'Twas a jest (y/n). Why can't you understand that it was funny?"
    I couldn't find the words to use. I didn't want to offend him but I didn't want him to continue to bother Thor like he does. Sure siblings fight. But they take fighting to the next level.
    "Hey I found them! Under that table!" Said a maid down the corridor from where we were. "Come here!" She shouts before running after us.
    "Ugh! (Y/n) get up quick!" He grumbles before crawling out and sprinting away again. I follow as fast as I can, but not being able to match his speed.
    "Loki please slow down!" I say picking up my skirt and chasing after him. He doesn't slow down. Not a little. Not even when he met the staircase.
    Instead he got atop the rail side and slid down. He jumped off and continued to run.  I myself attempt to do the same but when I reach the rail I fall over the side, and try to catch myself but instead I land on my ankle.
    I yelp in both surprise and pain as I topple over onto the ground. I look up to see Loki turns around and notice me lying on the ground.
    "(Y/n)?" He asks. He then makes his way back over to me. "(Y/n) are you okay?" He says bending over so that we are at the same height.
    "Yeah yeah I'm fine. I just hurt my leg." I say. Just then the maids had caught up with us and left us cornered.
    "You two have no idea how much trouble you're in--" the oldest one says as she goes to grab Loki by the arm.
    "Stop! Don't touch me. Can't you see (Y/n) is hurt?" He says rudely. The maid looks down at me and her face softens just a little bit.
    "Fine, take her to the infirmary. Then we will let your parents deal with you." She nods her head towards me signaling the other maids to pick me up and take me to the healers.

"Sorry I got you in trouble. And hurt..." Loki says looking at his feet. He sat next to my bed on a bench.
"It's okay Loki. How many times do I have to tell you I'm not mad?" I say. He shakes his head, and fiddled with his hands in his lap.
"I know you're not mad. But how many times are you going to get hurt because of me?" He asks looking back up at me.
"We're kids. We are bound to be foolish from time to time. And it is only normal for one to get hurt!"

"But even so, I don't want you getting hurt because of me." He says hanging his head again. "I promise I'll be there when you do though."
I roll my eyes than lift his chin so that he looks at me again. "I only twisted my ankle weirdly. It will be fine in a couple of days. Lighten up you dunce."
He stops avoiding eye contact, and his face hardens. "What did you call me?" He asks.
I let out a giggle and give him a playful push on the shoulder. "Come on Loki. Stop being so hard on yourself."
He rolls his eyes and looks away. "I hate you." He mumbles. But instead I just laugh and shake my head.
"Love you too moron."