Chapter 11

Demyan Point of View

What did I get myself into?

When she told me why she wanted to marry me, I was amused no doubt but I also felt dejected because this girl who was standing before me was unbearable yet the way she was looking for love of her life was too innocent.

She is insufferable, I agree, but the moment she said I am a good person and she thought I am good for her, it tugged my heart. I have never thought of marrying someone and making a family. Whenever I had desire, I would just pick up someone from club or call one of my previous mistresses to satisfy my needs.

They were never a marriage material nor did I see them as one but something... something about this irritating girl assured my heart.

Argh! In the haze of moment I seriously dug my own grave. Damn it.

Now I have to court her and if I could not court her properly, she may take matters into her own hands and court me instead.

Like heck my life has become!

"jkfidogihvdkijoifijfsijii" I heard nonstop cursing coming from my best friend.

"Ouch, what the heck happened to you?" Egor limped inside the house, hissing. One of his eyes was completely beaten to purple and one of his legs was bent.

Now, what happened to him?

"Egor? Were you attacked?" I was surprised to see him this beaten up for the first time. I did not see him this hurt ever. He was always a ninja turtle in fighting.

"She's a Devil, dude." Egor limped towards the sofa and plopped on it putting his legs on the table.

She?

Who? Mental girl?

But she was with me the whole day in carnival and frankly speaking she hurt only brain not physically!

"A girl did this to you?" I asked and Egor nodded slightly and hissed in pain continuously. "And you let a girl hit you to pulp?" I raised my eyebrow at the brave girl who has beaten a mafia tiger to pulp.

"I did not let her; she kicked me without listening to me. I'm telling you there is some black magic involved in our lives. Or else how would you explain our luck in meeting women who are unintentionally killing us every minute?" He gritted and took the first aid box that I was giving him and applied ointment on his bruised eye and sprayed some medicine on his leg.

Ouch, that must be hurting.

"But who is this girl? Why did she hurt you? And why didn't you stop her?" I shoot question after question and sat beside him folding my arms.

Now I'm interested.

"Zinnia's friend from who I was supposed to get beauty tips and cosmetics. Her name is Tuyen." He said with an edge of softness when he spelled her name.

Uh huh... what is going on here?

Interesting!

"I... I went to the pharmacy to meet her like I agreed." I nodded encouraging him to continue. "I just wanted to check if this friend is like Zinnia too or not – you know to be more careful - so I pretended to be a customer and asked for a packet of condoms." I did not get the point here. Why would she hit him if he asked for condoms from a damned pharmacy?

He looked at me meekly and I immediately understood that there was more to the story than he was letting me know.

"You asked for a pack of condoms and she hit you?" I narrowed my eyes pointedly at him and he opened his mouth and closed it several times not being able to form a reply.