Chapter 18

Demyan Point of View

"Finish him off" I ordered one of my men and gestured him to proceed with the assignment in hand. He paused for a moment and looked at me reluctantly like this is his first time to kill someone.

"But Don, don't we need him for interrogation?" He scratched his head awkwardly.

Why is he behaving like a girl, scratching his head and all?

Man, just be like a man.

"No we don't. This person is not the one to be harassed to answer. It's useless to keep him so just take the gun and shoot him between his eyes and get done with. Clean the place and burn the body." I ordered again enunciating the killing and covering process clearly.

What am I doing? An internship program?

Seriously, sometimes I feel like I'm giving practical experience to new assassin entrepreneurs for the first time. It doesn't feel like I'm running a Mafia business. It is more like a Medical university where I am a professor of Post-mortem.

Goodness!

"What made you look like a person in hell?" Egor strolled into my room leisurely but I can detect a slight limp in his walk.

Tuyen has done a great damage to him. Poor Egor.

"Why is our men novice in their work despite of doing it from years?" I was completely irritated.

One, yesterday's meeting went wrong and two my men are f**king spoon fed in everything.

The day before, when I attended the meeting with the other gangs regarding territorial issues, not to my surprise, Valdimir and Callisto attended together and were discussing something very seriously. Both were smirking at me and sizing me up.

According to my spies, both Valdimir and Callisto has been meeting each other from quite some time and at one point of time, they even sent a hitman to assassin me but they don't know that I am not an easy target.

They are looking for a fight with me then they will get that exactly. I was being silent all this while just because I don't want to be the one to start a war but since they already took several steps in making a rival out of me then so be it.

You want a battle then you will get a war in return.

"What are you thinking so intensely?" I heard Egor and turned towards him with a blank face.

"I want you to use the same trick that the f**ker is using against us." I said and stood up from my chair walking towards the ceiling length window overlooking the city.

"You mean –"

"Let's turn his men to ours. The ones who are picking a fight, kill them and the ones who are ready to turn against their Don, keep an eye on them. Let's use his strategy against him." Since he doesn't know that we already know his intentions, it would be a great step to use his plan against him.

There is a very clever phrase in chess 'When your opponent concentration is completely on your territory, then it is the perfect time to trade freely in his.'

"That's quite an impressive move but there is one more thing; I don't think they are just aiming your throne, Dem. There is something else that we are missing out." Egor voiced out his suspicion tapping a pen to his chin.

True. I agree to what he said.

"I think so too. If what Valdimir want is my position, then why would he go to Callisto for help and not to mention offer my position to him?" Valdimir's revenge was not completely towards me. His main target was his father for disowning him as his son.