Chapter 31

Demyan Point of View

What the heck should I take this girl for?

I'm so happy she saved my life. I might not be able express my gratitude verbally but I am really thankful.

Sincerely Thankful!

But... but why should she act like an FBI and go on a field work? I am not against saving my life, but it hurt my ego that she went overboard in it by going all adventurous and interrogative.

Not to mention she actually brought a cop with her and changed the poisoned bowls before him. Did she think doing a wrong thing under legal surveillance can be right by default? But then, how can I even make sense in to her brain when she so talently handled the situation?

It was foolish but effective too, so no comments.

"And he told you the information just because you shared your f**king strawberry flavor lollipop with him?" Egor questioned in disbelief and Zinnia smiled towards the phone as if Egor can see her smile from the other part of the world.

"No, I gave him a blueberry lollipop. I hate strawberry. I love mango and blueberry. You know Mr. Egor, sometimes blueberry reminds me of Mr. Monk. He's so small and cute." I AM NOT SMALL. YOU WERE CRYING OUT OF YOUR LUNGS LAST NIGHT BECAUSE YOU COULDN'T ACCOMMODATE ME.

I am not small, damn it.

This girl cannot keep her mouth shut for a minute. I know she meant it in a straight and innocent way but to the sane world, it appears as if my downtown man is suffering from height problems.

I heard Egor burst into laughs, not missing any chance to put me in an awkward position. It has been fifteen minutes since I heard I was... small and Egor is still laughing out loud while Zinnia asked me for hundred times why he was laughing so much.

What can I say?

How can I say why he was laughing so much?

How can I with my own mouth about my...!

"Now, that's some news. I didn't know Dem baby is small. How did you manage you show the bulge Dem, were you using balloons?" Egor said in chuckles finally after he completed laughing at my expense.

Heavens!

"Shut up Egor. Zinnia, just tell me how you got information from." I tried to change the topic so I could save the last bit of my pride. If this topic goes on for two more minutes, Zinnia and Egor can even make me no – balloon from small – balloon.

Shit!

"Ah yes, I just pulled him to the bench and gave him mango lollipop while I had blueberry and asked him what his name was. He said he is Peter and that's when I came to know that his boss name is Valdimir when he said. Peter looked so beaten up and sad so I shared few of the funny things happened to me to lighten up his mood."She shared her stories with him? Is she doing a emotional healing camp for depressed people?

If it was my first time meeting this girl, I would have shocked out of my mind but a month of staying with her made me strong and resilient to her mind and mood. I'm proud to say I'm slowly getting used to her around me.

"Once he was feeling better, I asked about his job and about his earning. He said he is a bodyguard to Valdimir guy and he works 24*7 for him yet he earns so less. You know, hubby, I felt so bad for him. He has a family too. He has a wife and an infant daughter too still he couldn't provide for his baby necessities. I felt like crying when I heard his difficulties. So I promised him to make him a partner in my new business." She was in almost tears when she said about peter, the guard. I even heard a sob when she said about peter's depressing life.