Chapter 24

Zinnia Point of View

Oh darn, I forgot to buy rings. What do I do now? Rings are important in a wedding and I need to have his name on my finger.

Oh stupid Zinnia, how can you forget something that important?

If you will be this stupid, then how will you take care of Mr. Monk in future? How will you protect him?

"Uh, Mr. Fulton... I forgot to bring rings. Is there any way we can proceed without rings or is there a way we can substitute rings with something else?" I asked in panic. I cannot leave Mr. Monk in the middle of this road to marriage.

I can't abandon him.

"In any wedding you need two important forms of identification; one – a marriage certificate and two – something in matching which shows you are already taken. So matching rings are what people usually use but in case you do not have rings, then you can replace it with anything else till you could exchange rings." Mr. Fulton explained patiently.

God bless him for coming this late night and giving my Monk what he needed.

But the real deal here is, what to use in place of rings for time being.

I looked over to Mr. Monk who stood stiff like a stone with no expression on his face. Seems like he loved my surprise that he didn't even recover from it yet.

Great!

"Okay, first let's sign the certificate then I will think of something to substitute rings." I announced and pulled Mr. monk to the table and both of us sat on the opposite seats to Mr. Fulton.

I read the whole certificate and boy am I happy. No, I am beyond happy. I am finally giving what Mr. Monk dreamt of and I will continue to do everything in my ability to do anything for Mr. Monk.

"I'm not going to sign this." Mr. Monk said suddenly. What?

"You don't have to worry about rings Mr. Monk. I have something in mind to replace it for now. So you can sign the document without any concern. I know you want our wedding to be a complete and a prosperous one, and trust me I will make it happen. Our marriage will be a complete one. Now come on sign." What good deeds have I done in my life or my past life that I got a husband like Mr. Monk?

What did I do to get such a good and kind person like him?

Did I play cupid to help couples reunite again?

I must have saved people from their misfortune. Or I must have been a soldier in my previous birth and saved the country and people from bad people.

Wait a second... I must as well have been a crop of food which filled people's stomach or beef or pork too.

I must have been a pretty pork then and Mr. Monk must have been my porky-partner.

I sighed in pleasure thinking about two deeply in love pigs walking around the slums oink-ing each other.

"Zinnia –" Oh God, why does he worry so much?

"Just sign it, Mr. Monk. You are mine now so you don't have to think so much." I nudged him continuously again and again until he finally signed the document.

Such a child he is! Always need a person to tell him everything.

I smiled at him and immediately signed the document where my name is written. Mr. Tan too signed in the witness section and congratulated us on our happy wedding.

Now time for second identification. I ran towards my handbag and shuffled it to find the thing I am searching for. Once I got hand on them, I walked towards the men and placed one of the pair in Mr. Monk's hand.