Prolouge

"I like knifes" Stokeley said very nonchalantly and frankly out of no where to his mother. Stokeley had just turned 10 and it was his birthday, he said this as he watched his mother slice his birthday cake.

She looked at him weirdly as she handed him a piece that she had just cut.

"Now what makes you say that Stokeley?"

"I like how easily it cuts through stuff, what else can they do besides cut mama?" Stokeley asked curiously and his mother was getting concerned by the minute. She scrunched her eyebrows together in confusion, she simply wondered what had gotten into her son?.

"Well baby they can hurt people really badly" she tried to explain it as best as she could and Stokeley understood very clearly, but he wanted to know more.

It infuriated him, even at 10 years old he was interested. Not in death but at the tools that caused it. Nevertheless, Stokeley continued to eat his slice of birthday cake while his mother sat across the table staring at him, worried sick. She just couldn't understand why her son would ask such a question.

"Stokeley baby.. you alright?" His mother asked with nothing but concern in her tone. Stokeley put his fork down and look up at his mother and smiled "nothing wrong mama I'm okay" Stoke said before stuffing more cake into his mouth. His mother shook it off and decided to not ask about it again, thinking that it would be left alone.

But this was only the beginning of Stokeley's spiral...

8 YEARS LATER...

Stokeley dropped out of highschool when he was a junior, last year. He coulda finished it out but he claimed that everyone was annoying him so he stopped going after the first day of his senior year.

He was one of those 'troubled kids' in school and living recklessly was second nature to him. He's never been to jail but has always been a little off, so to speak.

He was diagnosed with bipolar disorder at the age of 13 which only added fuel to the fire and turned his violent behavior up a notch. From being in countless fights, speeding, not to mention that he dabbled in drugs and alcohol from time to time.

Nothing to drastic, just cigarettes and weed but that doesn't mean it was okay.

He's 18 now but still lived with his mother and stepfather. Stokeley despised that man with everything in his body, for the simple fact that he beat her every time he got liquor into his system.

It may sound stereotypical but that's what Stokeley had to work with. When he was younger he was way too young to beat him up or hurt him but now that he was old enough, it was finally time for him to show his mother how much he loved her.

Stokeley had been waiting for this day since his so called stepfather entered his life, from the first day that man put tears in his mother's eyes the same way his biological father use to before he left them. From the day he saw the first bruise on her arm, as he watched year after year the happiness fade from her eyes.

Stokeley doesn't know what she saw in him and frankly, he could never see it. Somehow his mother still had a love for him which was odd because if 'loving someone' meant putting your hands on them anytime you felt like it then Stokeley had no idea what love is.

It was currently 11:00 at night and Stokeley was trying to sleep through his mother's cries and pain but he couldn't. He didn't even know what he was mad at her for this time, she cooked dinner for him and got off work early to do so.