Chapter 5

Diana didn't blame Stokeley for what he did to her, he clearly wasn't himself and Diana knew that

Diana didn't blame Stokeley for what he did to her, he clearly wasn't himself and Diana knew that. Her husband, Malik, on the other hand thought otherwise. Malik wanted to kill Stokeley which was understandable. Stokeley almost killed the love of Malik's life and he wasn't planning to lose her anytime soon, or ever.

So for her to be in a hospital for a few days for Stokeley's reckless actions, it definitely scared Malik but with Diana insisting she was okay almost comforted him. Almost. Diana struggled to walk in the house they shared, due to the stack of file folders she held in her arms and her purse hanging in her forearm. Kicking her heels off at the door and throwing her keys in the tray next to the door, she was definitely in need of a foot massage.

Diana was only in the hospital for a couple days since she didn't need a lot of treatment because of small injuries that Stokeley left. The injures that she did have could be easily treated with a couple of antibiotics and home remedies.

Hearing the front door slam, Malik rushed from their upstairs bedroom and to the front door. Diana groaned internally, becoming frustrated. She hated the fact that Malik cradled her as if she was a baby but she also had to understand where Malik was coming from. Malik, as he husband, is supposed to be her main supporter and protecter and when he couldn't do that it honestly made him feel less of a man.

The fact that he couldn't be there for his wife messed with his pride but of course he didn't want to admit that to Diana, "Hey baby" Diana smiled as she pecked his lips before he embraced her into a hug. Malik let go from their hug as he held her hand and walked her past the living room and into the kitchen. Malik let go of her hand as he leaned back on the stove with his arms across his chest, while she hopped on the kitchen island swinging her legs back and forth on the edge.

"You seem like you want to talk about something" Diana said getting to the point while playing with the ends of her hair, twirling it around her finger ever so often. Malik scoffed, putting his head down before looking back up at Diana letting her know it was serious. "Baby I think you should stop working at the hospital, you've been there for 3 years-"

Diana interrupted him with a small chuckle falling from her lips making Malik scrunch his eyebrows, he simply wondered what she thought was funny, "Malik I didn't go to school for psychology and psychotherapy just to not put it to use" Diana tried to get him to understand but it just wasn't registering not because he didn't understand it, it's because he didn't wanna hear it. "Look Dee, in these 3 years you have been in many experiences with a lot of them kids but ain't none of them ever make me or you fear for yo life" Malik protested making Diana roll her eyes.

"Baby I love you, and I have been loving you for the past 7 years, but you gotta understand that these kids can't control their actions it's their illnesses that get the best of them—"

"Bullshit!" Malik yelled causing Diana to jump a little at his tone. Diana didn't wanna argue but she did wanna get her point across, Malik sighed realizing he got a little too loud with her "I'm sorry for raising my voice baby but you gotta understand that I almost lost you to your job and that feeling will forever be the scariest shit I'll ever experience" Malik admitted being honest with her and Diana understood that.