the planted seed

Lisa's place
Jeon Jungkook

I have been ringing the doorbell for some time now. What is up with the girls inside, why haven't they opened the door? I was about to press the doorbell again when it finally opened, revealing Jisoo's smiling face.

"Jungoo my chingu, how have you been?" She said cheerfully.

"I've been standing here for ten minutes you know?" I complained at once, following her inside. "Didn't you hear the doorbell?"

"Forgive me, my chingu. I was working hard for the sake of our bright future. With that being said, you now owe me another answer."

"I just got here. How is that even possible?" I asked grumpily.

"You see, I went gardening and I planted a seed for you." Jisoo explained happily.

"Oh. Ofcourse, that absolutely explains it." I said sarcastically, following her to the kitchen where I put the bucket of fried chicken on the table.

"Wait, how about, I plowed the field and sowed some seeds for you. Does that sound better? More wise and insightful?"

"Wise? Insightful?"

She glanced at my face. "You should be grateful, you know, you ungrateful bitch." She told me with narrowed eyes.

"Excuse me?"

"Bless you. You really brought chicken! Not eggs, thank fuck." She checked the rice cooker for rice. "Ugh, empty. I'm so hungry dude." She despaired. "Do you know how hard it is to plant and nurture things? And what do I get for it?"

"Chicken?"

"An empty rice cooker!" She said at the same time as me. "And your ungrateful bitch of an ass."

"Okay, that's it. I'm going home and I'm taking this bucket of fried chicken with me."

"Ehh? Are you sure? I was really looking forward to eating fried chicken you know. I even plowed the field and sowed some seedsㅡ"

I rolled my eyes. "Right."

"Right? Do you know how hard it is to get information out of Lisa?" She asked, opening a cupboard to get some rice.

"Oh that? I kind of have an inkling." I said, sitting down.

"Right? It's like she's a metal box closed tight by screws that I had to loosen up and unscrew using my bare hands and now my nails are all ruined and bloody-bloodied-bloodified." She held up her hands from washing the rice for me to see.

I blinked, feeling confused. What's she showing me her hands for? Her hands look fine. No blood, no ruined nails.

Jisoo sighed pityingly at my confusion. "Aside from metaphors, dude, did you also happen to miss the lesson about analogies?" She asked.

I gave her an annoyed look. "I understood the part where you said getting information out of your friend is as hard as loosening screws from a metal box using your bare hands. The part I didn't get is why you had to show me your hands."

Jisoo set the rice to cook and sat down on the seat opposite mine. "That was the part where you were supposed to use your imagination and imagine my hands all bloody-bloodied-bloodified and ruined." And then she added, "Oh, But I forgot who I was talking to, your imagination is nonexistent just like my bloody love life. I'm so sorry for calling you a stupid idiot."