a lie and another lie

Kim Jisoo

"I'm home kid and adult!" I announced as soon as I walk through the door.

"Welcome back, mother." Jungkook said lamely as he took the groceries from my hand leaving me with a bag of eggs that I bought at the last minute for breakfast.

"Where is the other adult in this house? I have to tell her about how this old lady was eyeing the last pieces of pre cut beef and then I stood by her side and started muttering to myself about how rampant mad cow disease was these days so she went to the pork station instead! And I got the beef hahahahahaha!" I laughed myself silly at the memory. "Damn, I'm really a fucking genius I need to get praised by Lisa."

"Umm, she went to the coffee shop.. To get some coffee. On ice." Jungkook answered still as lamely as he walk over to the kitchen.

"Are you kidding? The sun's still shining out there!" Why is this lame kid even lying? I was about to go fetch Lisa to protect her from the sun but mostly to brag about my achievement, when the door opened behind me and she appeared, holding a cup of coffee.

"Dude!" Lisa said in greeting. "Is it considered a felony if I kissed an underaged boy even if we didn't use tongue? I can't get a clear answer from google." She said while she's looking at her phone, not paying attention to the sound of pain that Jungkook made when he dropped the box of groceries on his foot, which mostly contains bottles of beer.

The bag of eggs that I'm carrying also hit my foot but it didn't hurt, the eggs just got prepared a little too early for breakfast tomorrow.

What the fuck did Lisa just say?

Kissed an underaged boy.. Which could only mean she kissed Jungoo, without tongue she said, as if that would help me sleep at night, and she's googling if it's a felony like the dimbulb that she is.

Gosh, I just went grocery shopping and Lisa's got herself a boyfriend. Oh, this is going to be a riot.

More importantly, Lisa's news totally topped my old lady and the last cuts of beef news. Damn. Maybe she's really more genius than me and I don't deserve her praise.

"Dude, you just made me break my eggs. But congratulations." I said lamely, cursing Jungoo for his infectious lameness, I think our hands brushed a bit when he took the groceries from my hands.

Lisa's gaze went to the bag of broken eggs. "Oh. My bad. I thought we're having barbeque for dinner but we're having eggs instead? Was there no meat at the grocery?" Her lips curled in disapproval. "I don't like egg shells in my omelet, okay?"

"Dude, I don't like egg shells in my omelet either. That's probably why we're friends. But maybe we should try having a crunchy omelet some time." I picked up the bag of broken eggs and went to the kitchen to place them in the fridge, only a few broke really, so they'd still do for breakfast, after we take out the egg shells.

Jungkook was carefully not looking at me, busying himself with the rice cooker. Is he acting shy because he's the supposed victim of Lisa's supposed felony?

"Jungoo, what are you doing?" I asked him.

"Umm," he searched for the correct answer, he found the rice cooker. "Cooking rice?"

"Uh-huh." I looked at him pityingly, and then at the rice cooker. "Did your mom never tell you that you can't cook rice without rice?" That's what he gets for sticking his mouth against Lisa, her dimbulbness is apparently catching.

Lisa snorted from the couch, still googling stuff and enjoying her cold coffee.

"Why don't you help me open this box and sort out the groceries? I bought some rice. And how's your foot doing?"