Chapter 7: Relentless

"This food is fuckin' delicious! Here, doll. You gotta try this." Negan stabbed a piece of the cooked salmon with a fork and held it out to feed it to me. Obligingly, I opened my mouth and took a bite.

    "Mmm! You were right." I exclaimed. Negan simply smiled and placed his hand on thigh.

    The welcome back dinner was a success. Negan and I had a table all of our own, specifically brought up onto the ledge so we can eat above everyone. All the people in the sanctuary were gathered, eating in peace. Lots of the people seemed to be happy. I know I definitely was. Having Negan back met everything to me.

    I looked around the room, watching everyone enjoy their time. Then, I switched my gaze over to the table of Negan's most loyal men. They all seemed to be joking around, laughing, and being their normal cocky selves. There was one thing I noticed though that was completely off.

     Dwight was no where to be seen.

  Come to think of it, I hadn't seen him at all that day since the morning meeting. It's like he completely disappeared. Surely, he'd be here at the banquet after all the hard-work he does. I just found it off that he wasn't showing up.

    I figured it'd be best if I forgot about it. Maybe Negan had some kind of job for him, I thought. After all, Negan still strongly disliked Dwight for what happened. The poor guy was practically at the bottom of the barrel.

    Negan and I continued to talk about how great things were going. "I think those Alexandria shit-heads are finally goin' to shut up and abide by the rules once we teach them one more lesson. We've got these fuckers, I just know it."

    I raised my eyebrow and giggled. "I love how you're talking to me like I'm one of your little handy-men."

    He laughed. "Oh please. Don't fuckin' put yourself down like that. You're my right-hand man and my sexy wife all in one."

    That's when a bright idea popped into my mind. Well, a "dirty idea" so to speak. I smirked at Negan, knowing he would love what I had in store for him. "You know how you had wanted us to be sat with Simon and all of them?" I asked.

    "Yeah... Why?" He replied. I stood up, and walked around the table to stand right behind his chair. My hands slowly rubbed his shoulders. "Well... I was thinking you can hang with the guys for a while... And I'll be waiting in bed for you." I whispered in his ear at the end.

    "Mmm... How did I get so damn lucky?" He asked. Negan stood up and gave me a long kiss. "I won't be long, darlin'."

    I smiled and made my way out of the room. As I walked out, I decided to take the long way and stroll outside. The sun was down and there was a slight chill in the air. Everything was oddly still. All I could hear was the sound of my footsteps on the gravelly ground. There was something about the atmosphere of that evening. It was.... Uneasy. I tried not to let it bother me though.

    I figured I had a little more time to kill so I approached the cell block section and pay my mom a visit. A small part of me was still on edge with her though. "She can wait." I muttered.

    Eventually that "slight chill" became a little too cold for me, so I decided to head to the bedroom and get ready for an amazing night. Once I reached Negan's room hall, I heard two voices coming from a room. There was a sliver of light coming from a cracked door, and me being the most nosy person in the universe, decided to listen in.

    I couldn't believe what I saw. My heart felt like it was relentlessly being stabbed millions and millions of times. Amber. Negan. Kissing. Lips on each other's lips.

    I pushed the door completely opened and stood there. Amber immediately stopped kissing him and looked at me with a smirk. Negan stared at me with wide eyes and then looked back at Amber. "You bitch!" He screamed at Amber and pushed her off of him. "Arabella, this looks really fuckin' bad but I promise it's not what it looks like. Just hear me out."

    "Then what the hell is this then? Did her lips just accidentally fall onto yours?" I yelled, tears already beginning to fill my eyes.
    "Arabella I-"
    "No! Just... Fuck off, Negan."

  I darted off and ran back outside. All my worries were confirmed to be true. Negan did have thing for her. My heart just couldn't take any more pain, I felt like I was actually going to burst.

   There I stood, holding onto the fence and staring outside of the compound. Uncontrollable sobs escaped my mouth as Amber and Negan's kissing scene replayed in my head.

    Somehow though, I heard what sounded like a truck in the distance. "What the hell?" I muttered to myself. I paused and kept staring out at the dark forest beyond the fence. Before I could even blink again, something shot right into my shoulder. It was an arrow.