Dear kid,

From my younger self to yours.

We met in the summer, back when we were much younger.
They saw it immediately, our love it almost fit like a glove.

We were just kids who were still trying to figure things out.
You had your demons and I thrashed about.

While I was writing lines and dropping bars onto my wrist, you loved to fall asleep with your head on my chest.

While I was questioning my life and pondering my reasons to stay, you would hug me and that helped me find my way.

Truly you were the best for me, you taught me how to calm the storm in my chest so I could see.

No longer blinded by emotion and thoughts, our song became a drop in the ocean, as pure as our hearts.

While I waited for summer to come around, I grew accustomed to the way we worshiped our shared ground.

Our long walks down the street and the corner where we would meet.
I treasured your purest moments and the smile you showed when I would bring you sweets.

I loved you and needed you, for you taught me that although I was broken, consumed, and filled with anger and hate.
It was nothing that your love couldn't dissipate.

My love,
Forever yours.

P.s Our summer my dear, no other has been quite as fair.