Prologue

~Kaz~

I sighed as I flopped onto the couch. It was Friday and that meant 2 whole days with no school and more importantly no Ty! I don't know what the hell his problem is! The guy goes out of his way to hurt me whether it's physically or not he gets some kick out off making me feel worthless. At first I actually thought it was kind of like some cheesy movie where the big popular jock picked on the poor little emo kid but now everytime I see him I just want to run and hide.
It wasn't always like this though. Up until the 5th grade Ty was a whole different person, we were attached at the hip and he would do anything to protect me. I don't know what made him change and honestly I don't even care anymore.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I sat up in bed and listened. I swear I hear something.
"Topher?" I called.
Maybe it was just my brother Christopher. Every once in a while he would crash on the couch and he had a key to my apartment so he could have easily come in while I was asleep.
"Topher? You there?" I called.
Again I got no reply. That's weird. He always replied even if he was drunk and couldn't make a coherent sentence if his life depended on it! Somethings not right.
I grabbed my pocket knife from my bag and slowly snuck out of my room. This is the exact reason why most 17 year olds don't live alone in an apartment in the sketchiest part of town!
I stepped out into the kitchen and saw the door to my apartment was wide open. I started shaking as I quietly reached out and shut the door. As I turned to check the rest of the place a cloth was slapped over my mouth and a strong arm wrapped tightly around my waist. I started kicking as hard as I could trying to get away from my attacker but it was no use. The cloth had been dipped in chloroform and I was getting weaker with every passing second.
Finally I couldn't keep my eyes open any longer and I gave in as my world faded to black.