Foolish Desire

Bell was on one of the front balconies of the mansion lazing around after coming home after the Minotaur incident when he spotted a large group of people making their way to the gates.

The expedition party had emerged from the Dungeon and returned to their home. Most of the thirty adventurers were carrying large bags, or dragging them, all the way up to the front gate.

Two guards, a man, and a woman saluted them as they approached.

Finn at the lead said something to the two guards in a gentle manner and they nodded at him then proceeded to pull open the iron fence-like doors.

The plot of land available for their home was long but very thin when construction started. The solution: build up instead of out. This also meant that the front lawn was rather narrow. Members of the Familia used the space as efficiently as possible to grow a wide array of flowers and plants. A light breeze passed through, making the flowers appear to bow to the arriving adventurers.

Finn led his allies through the gate.

When suddenly...

"-Welcome hoooome!" A figure rushed out of the building to greet the adventurers as if it had been waiting for them. A smile began to form on Bell's face, Loki must have really been worried about them.

The smile did not last long as Loki soon launched herself at the girls and had Lefiya; who had been unfortunate enough to not dodge, pinned to the floor as she tried to grope her. He remembered since he had told Loki about Aiz saving hin she already knew they were all nearly back safe.

The aura that surrounded the deity, making her seem like a trustworthy parent figure, instantly disappeared. It was at times like this that a being who looked perfect by default became ugly enough that humans had to avert their eyes.

His eyes diverted to Aiz standing tired and exhausted near the back of the group and guilt rushed to his stomach while embarrassment to his face, he shouldn't have run away from her...infact, did she even know they were in the same Familia, much-less neighbors?.

Members of Loki Familia who hadn't joined the expedition came out of the manor to help bring inside the bags. "Welcome home." "Good to see you." They said their greetings to their returning comrades as they passed by.

Bell thought about it and decided to go hide in his room so Aiz wouldn't see him.

He heard footsteps nearby in the next door come and go indicating Aiz dropping off her equipment and leaving...probably for the shower room.

His face flushed at the thought as he tried to get that image out of his head.

After a while of just sitting idly and wiping his guild dagger, his stomach growled signifying dinner time. He looked at the clock in the room which read 8:05 PM, he was five minutes late.

With the expedition returning, the narrow hall was sure to be absolutely crowded and he wondered if he wanted to risk it with Aiz being there but his stomach rumbling gave him the courage he needed to make his way there.

As he neared the feast happening in the manor, he started hearing voices or atleast one voice, one obnoxiously loud voice. He peeks around the corner to see what's happening.

"Yeah, Aiz! Tell us that one story!"

Hearing Aiz's name, random butterflies started flying around in Bell's stomach helping him get a good grasp of how hopeless he is.

"That one story...?"

A young male animal person sitting two seats diagonally across from her requests the tale.