Chocolate (Valentine Special)

As an apology for not updating, here's a late Valentine special. It's canon in the story, just out of place, k? I'm gonna make this short and sweet.

...

"Ais," Tiona called out at the girl sitting in the dining room.

It was early in the afternoon with most of the members of the familia out for either dungeon exploration or to enjoy the special day.

"Yes?" Ais replied, her weapon needed repairs so it was at the forge and she hadn't seen anyone since the morning so she was extremely bored.

"Have you seen Tione? She said she went to get some chocolate but I haven't seen her in a while."

"I think she went into the kitchen, chocolate for what?"

"It's Valentine's Day, duh, she probably went to make chocolate for Finn."

"Chocolate...for Finn?"

"Right, you're always in the dungeon near this time. Well, on Valentine's Day, people give chocolates to people they like as a...romantic gesture."

Seeing Ais's confused expression, Tiona let out a sigh.

"Basically, you get or make chocolate for people you like."

"I like you."

"Not...like that."

"I don't...understand."

"It's kinda hard to explain...let's go ask Tione."

Not wanting to be left out of this chocolate tradition, she went with Tiona to the kitchen.

...

Tione was hard at work in the kitchen, she had gotten high-quality cocoa from an importer and was trying to do her best to follow the recipe she had gotten for heart-shaped chocolate.

She was interrupted from her work by the door opening and her sister coming in followed by Ais.

"Hey Tione, making chocolate?"

"Yeah, nearly done. Just need to make them heart-shaped."

"Right, well, Ais wants you to explain Valentine to her."

Slightly caught off-guard, the older Hiryute sister looked questionably at her friend.

"Well, it's basically a day to celebrate romance. A person who makes you feel special, a person you want to be closest to, a person you want to spend time with. You give them chocolate to convey your feelings. Do you have a person like that?"

Ais thought for a minute thinking of a person who fit all those traits.

"Bell?"

"Eh?" Tiona looked back at Ais in surprise, she hadn't thought that was the reason she was asking.

A sudden red tint appeared on Ais's face as she avoided eye contact.

"W-what feelings are you trying to convey with the chocolate?"

A small smile appeared on Tione's face.

"Well, you give the chocolate to the person you want to accept your love."

"L-love!?" A flustered Ais asked.

"The captain doesn't accept my love right now but he never rejects the chocolates, and this year I made them hand-made. Maybe that will convince him..."

"Oooh, you should wear a cute outfit as well," Tiona suggested, her sister could perhaps charm the captain with a new dress.

"That's a good idea..."

"Teach me!" Ais suddenly blurted out from the side.

"What?" Tiona and Tione answered in unison.

"Teach me how to make chocolate and give it to someone."

A glint came into Tiona's eyes as her mind already contemplated a thousand different scenarios.

"Alright! First, a new batch of chocolates and then a new outfit!" Tiona yelled her intentions, Ais wondered if this was a good idea.

"I have a lot of cocoa beans left," Tione said as she grabbed them from their container and handed one to Ais.

"I know this place with great human clothes, they'll look so cute on you!"

It was a long afternoon.

...

Bell came home late in the afternoon, he was in a bad mood. It had been a horrible day in the dungeon, he had gotten a rare drop item but his bag had been torn and he had lost it and all his magic stones.

Letting out a loud sigh, he entered the Twilight Manor only to be met by Tiona waiting at the door for him.

"Bell, come here. Ais has something for you."

"Huh?" A confused Bell voiced as he was led to the back garden of the manor by the Amazon.

"Here, wait here and close your eyes," Tiona said in the middle of the garden as she went off.

Bell complied for a minute until he heard another voice telling him to open them now.

He had to force his body to breath again.

A redfaced Ais stood in front of him holding a heart-shaped chocolate box but it was what she was wearing that caught his eye.

She was wearing a white collar shirt that had a red bowtie on the neck with a light and dark brown griddle with a larger red bow attached to it around her stomach along with a white skirt which looked like a natural combination. Over this, she was wearing a green coat with a collar, cuffs and shoulders that matched the griddle. She was wearing stockings that reached till her lower thigh along with high brown boots.

Unable to speak, Bell just stared while Ais looked down embarrassed.

"I-I made you some chocolate...Happy Valentine's."

"W-w-what?"

"Tiona said that people make chocolates on this day for people they like."

"A-and the outfit?"

"Tiona said that it was cute...do you not like it?"

"N-no, it's beautiful, I mean, you're beautiful, I mean..."

Bell embarrassedly covered his red face with his hands while Ais let out a smile.

"Have some chocolate."

"Huh?"

Ais had removed a chocolate piece from the box and was having it make its way to his mouth.

"Ais, I...hrngh..."

Bell was interrupted by the heart entering his mouth.

"Do you like it?"

Bell quickly swallowed the sweet before replying.

"...Ais, really, it's great, thank you."

"Tiona said that chocolate was given to someone who you want to accept your feelings."

Bell's eyes went wide as Ais came leaned closer to him to whisper.

"Do you accept my feelings?"

Bell's entire mind went into overdrive as he suddenly began backing away.

"Bell?"

"I-I'm s-sorry Ais, I-I just remembered s-something important, I-I have to go, bye."

Ais was left pouting as Bell ran as fast as he could away from the situation.

...

Awww. For reference of Ais's outfit, see Sweet Princess Ais from Danmachi Memoria Freese.