Brewing Trouble

So uh, sup. I be alive. Just.....wasn't in the mood to write anything with all that was happening, there were some deaths in the family too and I just left this about 80% written for months. Sorry.

...

Jacob yawned as he stood outside the Hephaestus Familia Mansion on a rather uneventful day, using his spear to support his weight, not paying much attention to his guard duty. Since the construction had been done more towards the inner region of Orario than the outer one, there hadn't been enough space for a manor and not that much need for one either since most members spent the majority of their time in their workshops working on their passion projects. He too had been wanting to work on the new armour he'd been wanting to make but he'd drawn the short straw with the other level ones and was now stuck here.

As he lamented over his fate, he saw a cloaked figure menacingly approaching the gate to the manor causing him to jerk into position and stand on alert.

"Halt! Who goes there!" He called nervously to the figure, he wasn't prepared to deal with confrontation. Most of the familia members' valuable goods were stored in their workshops and so hardly anyone tried to rob the mansion so the guards had become lax.

The figure continued moving towards him, forcing Jacob to raise his spear towards the stranger with a shaky hand. "I- This is your final warning!"

He didn't have much time to react before he was forcefully grabbed by his collar and pushed towards the gate, allowing him to get a better view underneath the cloak which caused his eyes to widen.

"Take me to her. Now." The red-headed person said, their red eyes uncharacteristically open in a piercing gaze directed towards the member.

"O-ok..." Jacob nodded as Loki dropped him to the ground and quickly went to work on unlocking the gates to take her inside lest the trickster goddess hurt him in some other way, he didn't want to bet on whether he was dispensable enough to the familia or not for Hephaestus to let Loki beat him up. Though he was confused by where she got all that strength, he didn't want to see more of it.

He got several looks for leading a cloaked figure towards Hephaestus' office from the members within the manor but he ignored them and practically ran away after leaving Loki outside the room while she entered without asking for an invitation.

Hephaestus looked up towards Loki who had removed her hood after entering and looked at the cloak in mild interest. "That's new."

"It's to hide from that damn bitch." Loki replied as she looked around the room overly suspicious as if inspecting if it were clear.

"Any reason?" Hephaestus said, looking curiously at the strangely acting goddess. She was pretty sure she'd never seen Loki wear a cloak before, probably confusing Freya as well if she spotted a cloaked figure entering the mansion since the last person she'd expect to wear one was in it.

"Any reason! You tell me! First that witch is already interested in that boy and you go and make him this!?" Loki angrily ended her sentence, chucking the knife hidden beneath her cloak onto the table.

"Wait....did he activate it already?" Hephaestus asked, surprised at the revelation.

"You knew!?" Loki yelled at the one-eyed goddess, annoyed beyond measure.

"Well, you used up your own stash of valis' to buy the kid a weapon so I thought you wanted it a bit more special than just a plain old knife."

"I asked you to make a weapon that can grow along with him so that he didn't break weapons every time he activated his skill and killed a bunch of monsters! Not one that can blast arcanum! How did you even do that with your powers locked!?"