Trì

"Logan? You still there?"

Briar Greene pushed anxiously through the undergrowth in the gathering darkness, letter of recognition in hand. His palms were sweaty, knees weak, arms heavy; there's vomit on his sweater already, mom's spaghetti...

Bad brain. No Eminem.

"Logan!"

Silence.

"Loooooooggaaaaaaaaannnn..."

Silence.

Shit.

The forest seemed to press in on Briar, becoming overwhelming as he finally understood.

There, in front of him, was an unconscious Logan.

A tree branch lay over his bruised and bloody head.

His pulse was slowing.

"Oh my god, Logan!" Tears stung at the edges of Briar's emerald green eyes, his pale, freckled hands shaking as he channelled his panic into shoving the branch off of his boyfriend. A small, velvet-adorned box slid from his back pocket, dragging the letter down with it. 

This can't be happening!

Logan draped over one shoulder, the other slumped in defeat.

Wedding ring in one hand, the other stained with blood.

So much planned,

So much lost.

~

The thick temperate forest pushed against the gravel drive as the Nissan climbed slowly up the mountain, morning mist engulfing the scenery in a damp, cold blanket of darkness and harrowing gloom. A strong breeze whipped its way through the massive pines and the Nissan rocked and bounced with the force of wind and pothole. 

"Don't worry, Logan, Brendan is quite the guy. He's from Ohio and is a huge fan of Twenty One Pilots, just like you. He's even met them before."

"Oh. Cool."

And... Why do I care?

Juni turned around in her seat to face him just then, smirking softly. "He's also the gayest person you'll ever meet. He's like Todrick Hall, but an outdoorsy version. Sorta like you, probably. It'd be a lot more helpful to find a match with you if you'd actually open up to us every once in a while, but maybe he'll work for now."

"I have a boyfriend, guys."

"We know."

"Then why are you all acting like this?" Logan exploded suddenly, hatred and confusion burning like a wildfire in his cold blue eyes. "I just want to get this over with- whatever is happening- and go home."

"And you will in due time," Kyrus tried to comfort him, twisting his arm back to pat him on the knee. "But for now, we need you here, okay?"

"No, it isn't. Do you have any idea how this is going to affect me? I'm losing a weekend of my time I could spend with my boyfriend grading tests, waking up with a concussion- which, mind you, will keep me out of the classroom- and I just left Briar in the middle of the woods by himself with an unconscious body!"

God, I really felt like tonight- or tomorrow morning? Is that how it works? -would be the night. Now it's just him and a bunch of money and a dude in a coma.

I really hope he'll be okay.

"Logan, just give Brendan a chance. It'll make everything easier, I promise. Remember, you don't know how to get back home without us, and if it were up to me, you'd be coming back to Florida with me to babysit my kids while I went and got drunk off of Daquiris." Juni winked at Logan with that little tidbit, and, despite his seething anger, confusion, and-