🕸

Peter was tired. After 3 all nighters and ingesting almost as much coffee as his mentor he was starting to crash.

This is why he missed two days of school last week and why he didn't know about the field trip.

That's a lie. He knew it was happening but never even looked at the slip when he found out the dates. Tony needed him that Friday since he was currently on a deadline (and Pepper holding him to it). These two things are what lead to the disaster that was about to ensue. Plus no one talked about it for the oddest reasons.

=~=~=~=~=~=~=~=~=~=~=~=~=~=~

"Peter! Breakfast!"

Peter groaned as he rolled out of the lush bed and into the cool air-conditioned air. Throwing on clothes he quickly scrambled to the kitchen to get in food before the best stuff was gone. He smelled pancakes and picked up his pace, grabbing the last stack before Sam could get seconds.

"Oh come on!" Sam pouted as he watched the teen sit down, a smirk plastered on his face. Peter and a few others chuckled as they all finished scarfing down the Patriot-made meal, Sam grumpily chewing on a piece of bacon.

"Ready for today kiddo?" Tony asked as he nursed his (probably third) cup of coffee.

"Sure thing Tony," Peter was beaming as he finally started to wake up. His Aunt May had let him stay at the tower for the past few days to help around the tower. Normally he would work in the labs for a couple days a week after school with patrolling after that, spending the weekends at the Avenger's Tower or compound. Today Peter was staying at the Tower and leaving for the upstate compound tomorrow morning.

The two headed to the labs for a bit when Steve walked in. "Peter, can you get these for me? Bucky wants to make cookies," Steve asked as he handed the boy a sticky note.

"Sure, I'll be back in a bit," Peter called and raced pit the door to the nearest elevator. Peter was currently wearing his shop clothes so they were a little bit dirty but didn't care as he exited into the large lobby.

"Peter, thank God!" An intern, Alex, came running up to him as he exited the elevator, "I need your help." She pulled him to the front desk and handed him a StarkTablet, "I have 3 tour groups about to start and I need someone to take one since I was booked for two."

Peter didn't look down at the screen but sent her a sympathetic look," sorry Alex, I'm in meetings and working with Tony all day." Alex frowned at the comment. "I, uh, I have to run this errand for Bucky but when I get back I'll help you sort this since they aren't here yet," Peter resolved and sighed in relief when she agreed.

With that sorted he left the building, leaving the tablet with the other intern.

/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\

Well... this was unexpected. I was supposed to be writing 200 words on why dieting can be bad and this popped out.

Note to self: stop going into new sections of a fandom and binge-reading almost 100 one-shots in under 48ish hours.

Also, Random thought: but can someone please give input on how I write. I've gone back and seen that my style has changed a lot but I was wondering if there was something about how I write that messes with people (continuity, not enough description, too much description, not enough/too much dialogue, anything spelling or grammar, etc.)

And can someone explain how some of the widely accepted headcanons happened? Like vent Nazi Clint/ Natasha. (Not just this fandom either)

I also am in dire need of sleep and maybe caffeine... I'm waking up at 6 am but it's already past 11:30. Help.

I also wrote like the first 4 chapters of this already despite how this was supposed to be a one-shot... tell me when you want to see them before this book gets added to the pile of TO BE UPDATED that I should be working on...

Well on that note I'm gonna go...

Love you all! -Ghost

PS. I have like 20 unpublished stories and ideas so if you want me to finish and publish one of those to satisfy the masses tell me (most are Robin based fyi)