Chapter Four

Sam is once again left alone in the house by Dean. This time he said that there was a small case he wanted to take care of.

Sam hates when Dean goes and does things on his own like that. It's basically a big statement of ‘you're not stable enough to do anything’ first of all, and it makes Sam feel somewhat... useless.

However, this time is a little different, because Sam isn't alone anymore. At least, he knows that now.

“Geez, this is so weird,” stated Lucifer, who was sitting criss-cross on the couch.

A slightly drowsy Sam managed a small chuckle as he went to make himself some coffee. “What is?” he asked.

“Possessing a vessel,” Lucifer said, looking down at his hands and clenching then unclenching them. “I haven't possessed anyone in centuries, maybe.”

Sam hummed a bit in acknowledgment. He thought about what Lucifer said for a minute. He really didn't like the idea that Lucifer was... Possessing someone. But he's an angel, right? He should've gotten the vessel's consent.

He picked up his freshly brewed cup and went to sit next to Lucifer, setting the mug on the coffee table. “You got their consent though, right?”

“'Course I did. Had to; I am an angel, after all,” Lucifer replied, a small and somewhat hinting towards smug smile on his face.

“Yeah,” Sam murmured, falling quiet for a moment to think up what else to say. “What's his name?”

Lucifer took a deep breath. “Nick. His name's Nick. He's a real family man, this guy,” he chuckled a bit.

Sam's brows furrowed as if it was a bad thing Lucifer would mention that. “Then why isn't he with his family?” he asked lowly.

“Because they're dead, Sam,” Lucifer replied blatantly.

Sam blinked at how straightforward Lucifer's answer was. “Oh,” he sighed, then went to take a sip from his coffee.

Lucifer watched Sam as he did so, Sam's eyes not even glancing in his direction. He seemed tense, yet Lucifer knew why. “I didn't kill them, you know.”

Sam turned his eyes to Lucifer, brows furrowed in confusion while swallowing down his drink before speaking. “I didn't say you did.”

“But you were thinking it.”

Sam didn't respond. His eyes only lowered. He'd forgotten that Lucifer could read his mind. “Right,” he sighed.

“I don't go around killing people all the time, Sam,” Lucifer stated in a tone almost laced with disappointment. “Well, I mean, not always–”

Sam had given him somewhat of a warning look, but Lucifer put his hands up with a small chuckle to correct himself. “But for a good cause!” he said quickly, then just sighed when Sam's expression relaxed. “Seriously. You've got me all wrong, kiddo.”

Sam stayed quiet for a small moment, shaking his head and leaning back on the couch. “Well... It must suck for him. Is he.... Is he still alive?”

Lucifer was hesitant to answer, but he nonetheless shook his head. “No. I sent him with his family.” Sam blinked, then nodded his head. Lucifer was relieved that was his only response. At least he wasn't seemingly mad at him.

“Hey, you know what,” Lucifer chimed, regaining a giddy tone to his voice. “Let's cut the gloomy stuff. Got anything you wanna do to pass the time?” he asked.

Sam looked over at Lucifer slowly, then away once more with a shrug. "No, not in mind at least," he said, then moving to stand from the couch, leaving his coffee partially drank from.